“Down-home country cookin’, Southern style” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 171 Restaurants in Lexington
Columbia, South Carolina
“Down-home country cookin’, Southern style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

This fairly new restaurant is one of more than a dozen Lizard’s Thicket restaurants in the greater Columbia area. Like the others in the Lizard’s Thicket chain (established 1975), it specializes in old fashioned, down-home country cooking. My recent lunch visit was on a Tuesday, so the meat-and-three special of the day ($7.49) was chicken livers. My friends all ordered that, so I did too. It was tasty, but certainly a “once in a blue moon” thing for me. I sure wouldn’t recommend it for people battling high cholesterol! (Next time, I’ll probably order their country fried steak, which is my idea of real comfort food.) The corn muffins we got with our meal were serviceable, but dense; I’ve had lighter, tastier corn muffins at many restaurants. In fairness I should point out that we could have ordered rolls or a mix of rolls and corn muffins.

The restaurant was very busy, but the service was reasonably prompt and very friendly. Our waitress was attentive, checking back several times during our meal to make sure everything was OK. We got iced tea refills several times before our glasses were even half empty. Lizard’s Thicket is one of those places where the waitress gives you a check to take to the cashier for payment. I like that, since my credit card is never out of my sight.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, South Carolina
“Good solid meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Enjoyed my meal here-hadn't been in a long time. Still good.Good southern style food. The service was excellent. All the workers were very friendly. Clean, and food tasted good. I was impressed with this location branch.

Visited April 2014