“Incredibly noisy first floor room, ultra-crowded breakfast” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Asheville, North Carolina
“Incredibly noisy first floor room, ultra-crowded breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I travel for a living, and it is a true statement that I have never had a noisier hotel room than room 127. I can't believe they even have rooms in this location of the hotel. Sandwiched between the ice maker, the pool, and right next to the meeting rooms where late-night parties occur, the noise never ceased. We couldn't even turn the fan on the AC unit on to block the noise. The breakfast area the next morning was crowded and dirty, with what appeared to be homeless people coming in off the street to partake of the free breakfast. A very poor experience - I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear pcumby,

Thank you so much for your review regarding your experience. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the situation in the breakfast area and noise from our other guests. I assure you that the valuable comments you've shared will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer.

Thank you again for you feedback. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I think if a establishment is under renovation they should tell you when you book.....maybe I don't wanna stay if its sandy and the door don't work or you smell paint....and the lobby smell like cigarettes...call me when the renovations are done!!!!!.don't fall for the hype of the pictures on line...they lie...on line it looks better than any hotel in Lexington.....glad I'm just visiting.....customer service was good....we got an upgrade....but I'm still trying to figure out while typing this review...is this a suite????....I guess its a suite in a small town...I guess...lol....overall its ok....lol

• Stayed June 2012
Grand Haven, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in June 2012. It was a weekend thru Monday night and the hotel seemed to be pretty busy. My choice was based on location and use of reward points. Overall the stay was OK. The room was decent and the location was convenient for my purposes. There is a lot of shopping in this area!! There is also another Holiday Inn further down the road toward downtown, but it is not an "Express". The overall experience here was not so great though. On the way up to the room after checking in, I was almost knocked over by the maintenance guy and his cart as he exited the elevator on the ground floor - I was a distance away from the door but he barged out with some speed. No apology or acknowledgment of the "near miss". The room was clean and the bedding felt comfortable. TV and WiFi were good so no problems there. The devil is in the detail though. The chair at the work desk was found to be splattered with a red powder of sorts, probably makeup? Good thing it was seen before siting upon - light colored clothing would not have wearable without dry cleaning. I left the room the next day very late in the morning. The DND sign was observed very well - there were no knocks at my door from room maintenance. However, there were lots of slamming doors during the morning.- guests leaving or room maintenance?? The corridor had a few room maintenance carts along it, so obviously rooms were being serviced. Another elevator incident on the way down - a cleaning cart almost knocked me over when the doors opened, even though I was a ways back from the door expecting possible passengers. Again, no acknowledgement of the near miss. Hmmmm. Upon return that evening my room had NOT been serviced. No problem, clean towels were still available and one more coffee cycle was possible. I left the room later in the morning (again) the next day and mentioned the room servicing to the desk personnel - no problems, it will be taken care of. Upon return to the room late afternoon, the bed had been made up, trash taken but no bath towels anywhere. Mentioned on the way out to front desk, so things should be OK. Upon return later in the evening, there were some fresh towels laid across the top of the toilet tank, but no coffee replacement. The overall experience was average at best; nice enough rooms for the money but don't figure staying more than one night for ultimate service. I am going to try the Holiday Inn a little up the road next time to compare service.

Room Tip: Elevators serve all floors. This hotel has no external noise issues. However, noise from doors left...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Dear michiglen,

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you. I am delighted to know you found our hotel location as well as your room accommodation to your liking. We are always happy to provide a consistently clean, comfortable and courteous place for our guest to stay. I apologize for the unfortunate incident relating to our housekeeping staff. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when dealing with our employees. Your comments will help us improve our services and offer a great experience for our guest. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

I am disappointed to hear you received service that was less than satisfactory.

Lera M
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel has become our favorite place to stay on my daugther's soccer trip. I choose this hotel based on other tripadvisor reviews, and were not disappointed. Always clean and quiet, friendly employees. Adjacent to starbucks, connected with walkway and lots of good places to eat nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

When we came to Lexington to live 14 years ago, we stayed here and enjoyed the hospitality of the staff and the "newness" of the hotel. Leaving Lexington for good, it was very different. My, oh my, how times have changed!
The first room they sent us to upon checkin had a floor so filthy with carpet cut up and fraying we couldn't bear sleeping in it overnight. They gave us a better room on the second try.
Our first day we had no maid service. The second day my wife and I were given one bath towel--to share, I guess! And still another day we had no maid service by 3:30. Informed the front desk and we were promised they'd be right up. Didn't happen.
The front desk personnel, with one exception, didn't even acknowledge us as being alive as we came and went throught the lobby. Too busy chatting and texting with their friends.
The heater/air conditioner in the room was one of the noisiest I've ever heard.
Our bed left our backs hurting every morning.
Breakfast area was pitifully small, although the variety of food items was adequate.
The one shining star here was the regular lady responsible for keeping the breakfast area clean and supplied--she (Joan) did an excellent job!
Lexington really needs an excellent hotel. This isn't it, despite the ratings it has achieved from other TripAdvisor reviewers. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear SharpShoey,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Reference # 27710543

Travelers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

The staff was very nice, helpful and considerate. Overall the motel was clean. Our room was not to it's standards. The widow was open when we got to the room and would not close completly. The desk was leaning, the right legs were broke on the base.We would not even place our cameras or lap tops on it in fear of our equipment being damaged. The dresse drows were leaning and would not close all the way. There were cob webbs in the drapes and on the cellings. The barthroom was clean and tidy. We tend to travel allot to visit family and vacation and have stayed at Holiday Inn before and never been so dissapointed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
DALYBLES1,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. I'm sorry you found the accommodations less than satisfactory, but am pleased to see the staff was able to provide exceptional service. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you in the future.

Ben J
IHG Care
marietta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

no complaints at all - only downside was that the hotel is a bit of I-20 for an overnight interstate stop.

staff was very nice - got a smoking room at first (booked on priceline where you can choose), and was changed immediately without hesitation after going to room and being overpowered by the smell (and the desk clerk was a smoker himself - who dont tend be as sympathetic) clerk offered bottled water at check in and saw my 6 yr old son and asked if he like a snack of a bag of cheetos. breakfast lady in the morning was also very cheerful and really on the spot with keeping the breakfast in top shape.

rooms were clean and had fridge/microwaves, comfortable beds, good tv selections
lots of restaraunts in the area for dinner choices.
breakfast was great - omeletes, sausage, bisuits, cinamon rolls, etc..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!