“What a Awful Smell” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Lexington, North Carolina
“What a Awful Smell”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed at this Hotel June 2011. I was in town for a friends wedding. The smell in the lobby was horrible, mold, mildew, and what ever else. Went to our room. Not one towel in the room. Had to track down the manager to get towels. Had to dress for the wedding so really didn't take much time to review my room surroundings. Wish I had taken the time. Sunday morning, went to make coffee and found a USED coffee fliter that was moldy in the coffee pot. GROSS. I then noticed that the floor had not been vacumed in a long time as there was food on the floor, and I did not eat in the room. Had to go to McDonald's for breakfast, because the smell in the lobby was so bad I could not eat there.
I did complain to the hotel and to upper management and really felt as if my concerns were important. Upper management made the statement to me Well you only paid $60.00. I told her maybe that wasn't alot of money to her but it was to me. WIll never stay at this Ramada Inn again. Beware travelers.... Find another hotel if you can.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

My sister and I stayed at this property based on its proximity to the Peachtree 23 Highway. It's at a very busy intersection, next to the interstate and I was fearful of the noise factor. We had an upstairs room, basic but clean, comfortable beds and the air conditioner drowned out the noise from outside. We discovered that the refridgerator was not working and the AC didn't seem to be very strong. After calling the front deck, the manager and a helper were at our door in less than 5 minutes with a replacement fridge and they fixed the AC in a matter of seconds. The breakfast looked average but we had to get on the road so did not taste anything. When we got about 20 miles away from the hotel we realized that we left our Garmin and a charger in the room. We called the hotel, the manager checked and confirmed that these items were left behind. He boxed them up, and 3 days later they were in my mailbox 250 miles away!. What service! I've stayed in 5 star properties that didn't have the customer service we got here for 55 dollars a night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

We stayed here 1 night as we planned on going to the Congaree National park the next day. It was a very convenient location for us and the rooms were very well kept. The prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
NEW JERSEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2007

Stay at the Ramada, from Jan. 5, 2007 to Jan. 8, 2007. Got the lowest price $59.00 for a room with king size bed, microwave and mini fridge with my aaa card. Rooms are spacious and clean, and area is quiet Just added new mattresses to all rooms.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — small bathroom
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ramada Limited Lexington/Columbia? Share your experiences!