“Nice alternative to Columbia hotels” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lexington
Certificate of Excellence 2014
KATONAH
“Nice alternative to Columbia hotels”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Only 10-15 minutes from USC campus. Nice rooms, good price. 2nd time staying here in a month. Would stay here again

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

LEXWING1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Lexington, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Katonah,
Thank you so much for trying us out and we are glad that you would stay again. I hope that we can be of service to you in the future. Please let us know when you are returning to the area.
Kind regards,
Jeanette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good value, clean, nice restaurants and stores close by and a reasonable distance from USC, would stay there again.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments. We would love to see you again.
Warmest regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

At my recent stay in Columbia, South Carolina, I found the bed to be extremely uncomfortable and the pillows were terrible. I woke up with a terrible back ache and had to take aspirin to releave it. Breakfast the eggs were cold and the bacon was shredded as if someone nad ate it. The waffles were satisfactory, I would not stay here again.

Dear anonymous,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in the area. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss your stay. gm@lexingtonwingate.com or 803-957-5000.
KNOXVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

First room I was in, the toilet had pee on the sit. When I told the front desk clerk, she immediately gave me another room. The second room's shower had mold on the tile and an old soap bar was caked on the soap dish tray in the shower. The second day I came back to my room with the door ajar It had been left open since the maid had cleaned that afternoon. I did not return to my room until 8pm. My belongings could have very easily been stolen. This was very startling since I was on a business trip by myself.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

LEXWING1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Lexington, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest,
I am so very sorry about your experience while you were here. I would like to look into this matter as this is not the way we do business. Please reach out to me at gm@lexingtonwingate.com or by phone at the hotel 803-957-5000 so that I can find and correct this problem.

ATLANTA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a great time...the room was comfortable and met our needs. The beds were great, the room was clean...we had a wonderful time. Thanks Wyndam!

Dear Jennifer,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your wonderful stay. Please let us know if we can be of service in the future.
Go Gamecocks!
Springfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Overall, I would say this hotel was a good experience. Only 2 small suggestions. I called the day before and asked if we could have early checkin since we were traveling far and they suggested we call the day on checkin around noon. I actually never had a chance to call the day of because we went directly to the University of South Carolina to see our son. When we went to check in around 4:30 in the afternoon our room was not ready and we had to wait around 20 minutes for the room to be ready. Also, they need to check the bathroom more carefully because there was mold around the bathtub. This could be easily corrcted by using a bleach solution.

MATTHEWS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had a great time and a good stay at the hotel
The breakfast bar was not always stocked.
Happy hour was not what I had expected.. Ran out of wine.

Dear Barbara,
So glad you had a good time while you were here. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your visit. Hope to see you again next year for the game.
Jeanette

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Columbia/Lexington? Share your experiences!