“Not so great...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Latta
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Not so great...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel during the Fourth of July weekend, for 3 nights. The check in was painless and the front desk clerk was really nice. Since we arrived late, he recommended Shuler's BBQ and it was great. I'm not sure what's going on with the elevator, but we had to wait at least 3 to 4 minutes before it stopped on the floor where we were waiting. We learned to take the stairs to save time. The room was average, nothing special. The bed slept good and I love the pillows. The chair and ottoman has stains on it and also on the wall in the bathroom, something a little Clorox couldn't remove. For this hotel to be somewhat new, it's not well taken care of. I don't believe the floor was vacuumed but once since we were there. The next day, I had to ask housekeeping for wash clothes and towels. She stated they would be ready in 20 minutes. Well 20 minutes turned into 2 1/2 hours. I couldn't take a shower until late afternoon. I had to call the front desk and she told me to come down in 20 minutes to pick them up. Really??? And then the following day, we did not get housekeeping service until 6 pm. And housekeeping did not provide the bag for the ice bucket no did she replace the cups. When I asked housekeeping if they were going to service our room, she looked at me, rolled her eyes and said I am getting to it, we have a full house. To me, that is not acceptable!! We wanted to enjoy the pool, but it was dirty the entire stay, so that tells me no one cleaned it on a daily basis. We went down for breakfast the first morning and did not revisit. The trash was not emptied and others had left their dirty plates and cups on the counter area. Why wasn't someone there to monitor the eating area, puzzles me. I am really disappointed in this Best Western and can say it is not up to the other Best Western standards. I will not be coming back to this location nor recommending to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel with my dance studio for competition in Myrtle Beach. I DO NOT reccommend this hotel if you plan on driving back and forth to Myrtle! It is about 1.5 hrs from the beach. Other than the drive I was pleased with my stay. The front desk help were all very pleasant and the rooms were cleaned very well every day. If a pool in a feature you are looking for, you will be dissapointed in this pool. It would barely be big enough for 2-3 kids to swim in and the deepest it got was 4 ft. The continental breakfast was very good with many selections to choose from. Although the "deal " they offered us when blocking off our 10 rooms in preparation for our stay in the months prior was the same rate they offered guests looking for available rooms when we checked in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have been staying at this hotel every year since 2009 for a family reunion. The location is perfect.The STAFF are always helpful. It's like visiting with your relatives.Sometimes we stay here several times a year. We've even made friends with other guests who stay here at the same time.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was impressed as the room was really clean and the beds extremely comfortable. There was a refrigerator and microwave as well. Very updated and comfortable. Staff took care of the leak in the ceiling and immediately moved me to another room. The value was excellent and the staff very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Ladson, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stay at this hotel for business due to the location. There is no WOW factor at this hotel. You get a pest-free room, a comfortable bed and the shower is hot. There is no desk but a table with very uncomfortable chairs, that's way I plan my arrival in the early evening hours.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Abington, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stopped after a long trip from Florida to PA. The room was nice...but there was not a cot available...I have 3 children. They did bring extra blankets and pillows so we made a makeshift bed on the floor for our 15 year old...he was happy. The pool was very small but VERY soothing. It made my skin feel amazing...I wonder if it was a salt water pool. Coffee available in the lobby with flavored creamers 24/7. Kids liked grabbing muffins for the ride in the morning. The staff was very nice. I would stay again.

Reston, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were driving from VA to SC for a family reunion and opted to stay at this facility because of prior experiences with Best Western in Virginia and at other places. We were given room #114 that was right across from the front desk next to the elevator. It was a horrible stay!

The room was dirty, there was: fungus growing in the toilet; someones hair caught in the blow dryer; the carpet was dirty and there was a large damp liquid stain near the bed; there was a crushed bug on the wall next to one of the beds; a pillow case had mascara on it; one of the 2 water bottles that were in the small refrigerator was opened and partially consumed. If I had to guess, this room was likely used by staff when things were quiet or perhaps friends of the staff.

Between the elevators going up and down, the cycling of the air conditioning unit, and the staff talking just outside the door, we got very little sleep. The walls were so thin that we could also hear traffic drive by and we were not on a side of the building directly adjacent to the road. In addition, the breakfast was very scaled down compared to offering in other Best Western properties. Overall, I was stunned at the poor condition of this musty smelling property for which we paid almost $100 for the night. On the positive side, the staff were very nice but that is about all that we can say that was a positive aspect of our stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Roy D, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Executive Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear D C,
I would personally like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 843-752-5060.

Warm Regards,

Roy D'Souza

Been to BEST WESTERN Executive Inn? Share your experiences!