“two brother's” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Landrum
Taylors, South Carolina
“two brother's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Stopped in for lunch today for the first time with my brother and had the best lunch ever.We have past by and never noticed,but this tiime we did and it was wonderful.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Campobello, South Carolina
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The food was very good. The atmosphere was so quaint and reminiscent of the past. The service was good even when we were sitting out on the deck. Would recommend to any one wanting a lovely dining experience in a small town.

Visited April 2014
Landrum, South Carolina
“REAL "home cooking"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

As if we are not blessed enough to live in Landrum, The Drake House is enough to make someone MOVE to Landrum. Literally in a small house, lunch time here is sort of like going to a family reunion where all the aunts bring their specialty dish, and it's ALL good. Baked chicken, fried chicken, green beans, macaroni, etc.,etc. Anything you'd expect at a Sunday dinner in the south, but every day. You can hurt yourself here. I've done it. It's buffet. It may be the best kept secret in the upstate. So keep it quiet. And wear clothing with an elastic waist band.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Muh! Not bad tasting food, but luke warm and over-priced...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went to the drake House after reading the positive reviews. Should have looked at the Trip Advisor rating first! Although this is a charming restaurant, very home-like atmosphere and true home cooking, my momma served food hot! The food was tasty but luke warm at best. The fried chicken was hot, but that was about it. And I'm not sure what is so special about the Sunday buffet versus the Monday - Saturday buffet, but at $15.00 out the door (without the tip!) I felt it was a bit pricey for comfort food which is what everyone boasts about this place. Fried Chicken and Pot Roast (tasty but almost cool - warm at best!) is not all that special to me! The greens, beans and other items were tasty, but what's so special since they advertise Fried Chicken every day??? I guess I'm missing something...

I thought the staff was very nice and service was excellent! They were even a bit entertaining, but I won't go into that here, I'm rating food and not the entertainment factor!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, North Carolina
“Comfort food, if you like it fried this is the place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

My wife and I ate lunch here. The Drake is a charming old house and the people working are very friendly. The buffet featured fired chicken which was very tasty. The veggies might have been a little plain and overcooked slightly. The corn and cabbage caserol were the best. The tiny biscuits are good and you can fill up on them There was also fried flounder on the menu that day.There is a small salad bar and desert was chocolate cake which reminded me of something my grandma made. A very enjoyable experience. The only negative is there are no soft drinks avaialble. I need the carbonation after stuffing myself with fried foods.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Drake House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Drake House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.