We had stayed at this hotel prior and the room was not the best nor the worst. This time we were running late at check in so we had them to set everything up. We say non-smoking room. We get there the first room is not too clean, the second room was filled with smoke, the third room had a dark red substance (blood) on the bedspread. When they pulled off the sheets, wow. Their answer to this was to flip the mattress over, and put new sheets on the bed. Which we had to wait till they was them to be put on the bed. We spent the night and left the place. The rooms got worst from room to room. This was a room in the back. The second one was on the bottom up front, manager claims she did not smell smoke but everyone else did. The next room was on the top level in the rear, I was told these were the better units. Before we stayed up front, not to far from the office, these are the better rooms. We have not stayed there again. I usually check sheets to make sure they are clean, now it seems if you check under the sheets, you might want to have a back up hotel to stay at. This gave unclean rooms a new meaning.
However, in this area pickings are slim. Now we try to plan a visit to family here so we can make it to a clean hotel. The staff was rude this day and still charged us. Plus she did not see any reason for complaint. Before this trip when we did not want a room, it was not a problem. The person went with us, therefore they saw what we saw. This time they had more people checked. We thought we had found somewhere we could stay. Our family member had shortly moved to this area. This time the hotel missed the mark. This was the first and last time we payed in advance, even if we find nothing else. The next day the check out person was rude and very nasty. The maid was in a non- smoking room smoking, while cleaning in the room next to the non-smoking room we where in. Plus they did have people moving pets out of the rooms, and the cleaning people leave the doors open. We saw rooms with suite cases and the doors left wide open. There was no one in the room. Management says they do not leave rooms unattended. This was not good.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.