“Not worth the money” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Lancaster

You added Quality Inn Lancaster to your Saves list
Quality Inn Lancaster
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   114 Commerce Boulevard, Lancaster, SC 29720 (Formerly Jameson Inn Lancaster)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lancaster
Caeur D Alene
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Ok if it costs 30 per night

I must say the only good thing here is the joyful front desk clerk

Dirty. The door is full of dirty hand marks. The fridge is very noisy
The noise from the rooms is heard everywhere.

The elextric outlets cannot hold a charger in place. The bathroom is stained and unpleasant

Will not return.

Again I feel sorry for writing this just because if how nice the front lady was.

• Stayed September 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Columbia, SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

if you are staying on a thursday, friday or Saturday nights, the Mexican Restaurant across the highway plays their music sooooo loud that it is booming in your room. The police are not going to do anything about it nor are the restaurant management. Thursday they played the music from 9-11pm and Friday until midnight. I did not stay for Saturday night but was told it would be playing on that night also. So if you want a quiet evening it is not going to happen. Front desk people were very nice and understanding but they said there was nothing they could do about the noise. Very frustrating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Oh my gosh! I dont know where to start. First room they gave me, the a/c was broken, had to get another room. Stains everywhere in the room. After I got out of the shower (which the shower makes an awful noise when water is running) I noticed all the caulking on the floor was pulled out and slimey. The lamps dirty, the chairs were too stained for me to sit on and the wood looked scraped. Knowing they don't put much effort into the cleanliness made me run for a washcloth to wipe down the remote and phone. Told the mgr I wanted check out earlier than I booked because i wasnt happy. She didnt even want to know why, probably because she gets alot of similar calls from other guests. Staying 1 day too long. Oh, by the way I stayed only 1 day. Awful, awful awful!

• Stayed August 2013
DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

What a Nightmare! I agree that Jameson Inns should be ashamed of this location!
I requested a lower level room because it’s hard for me to climb stairs and was told there was none available. I also had my elderly mother with me. The chairs were soiled I put paper down before I sat. I checked the bed and immediately discovered Bed Bugs, which I captured in a tissue and took down to the front desk to show. I was given another room on the 1st floor. (But remember, there was NONE available!)
My elderly mother prepared for bed, but when she sat on the side of the bed it tilted off the base like a See-Saw. It was very late & I did not want to drive to another hotel so we found a young man to reposition the bed. In addition the mini-fridge never got cold. Scary, dirty, and uncomfortable. Never again will I stay at a Jameson Inn.!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
lancaster_sc, assistant beneral manager at Quality Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
I am truly sorry for the unpleasant experience during your recent stay at our inn. We do our very best to accomodate all special requests. I assure you that we have taken care of all the problems which you encountered during your stay. This was understandably an uncomfortable visit. I am glad all was well with the second room your party occupied that night. All of our guests are important to us. I hope you give Jameson Inns the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Sincerely and once again with our sincerest apologies,
Amy, assistant general manager
Nuts NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

With the name and price of Jameson inn you would expect a lot. This motel falls way short of expectation. Everything seems very worn out and well beyond it's replacement time. Jameson promotes it's Dreamium beds, well they haven't found their way to this location. The beds are hard and worn out. The furniture as well. The room I was in had an AC unit from 1975. The construction worker types in the rooms around me were loud and didn't give me the safe feeling that I would normally get from staying at a hotel at this price level ($80). My recommendations would be to avoid this hotel if possible you could get the same thing across the street for much less expense.

• Stayed April 2012
, General Manager at Quality Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for the review or your stay at our inn. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered at our property. Please know that we take every guest comment seriously and always work to resolve any issues such as were outlined in your review. We do have Dreamium double sided pillowtop mattresses in all our rooms. Our motel opened in 1995 and we do replace our HVAC units as needed. We always strive to accomodate a variety of guests from those traveling on business or leisure, groups and laborers. I apologize and understand that you felt unsafe but assure you that we are a safe and clean inn. Your comments are important to us and, if returning to Lancaster, we hope that you will give us a second chance to prove why the Jameson Inn is the #1 place to stay. Thank you once again for your review and please keep Jameson Inn in mind for your next travel destination.
Sincerelv, Patti
Lincolnton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

The rooms look and smell clean, but I had to clean up a wet spill and all I had was a white wash cloth. It was black by the time I cleaned up the water. I doubt very seriously if the carpet has been cleaned in a long while, maybe that is why they use dark green...never go bare footed in there again.....

Room Tip: Their all the same...