“Never Again!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Lancaster

You added Quality Inn Lancaster to your Saves list
Quality Inn Lancaster
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   114 Commerce Boulevard, Lancaster, SC 29720 (Formerly Jameson Inn Lancaster)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lancaster
DC
“Never Again!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

What a Nightmare! I agree that Jameson Inns should be ashamed of this location!
I requested a lower level room because it’s hard for me to climb stairs and was told there was none available. I also had my elderly mother with me. The chairs were soiled I put paper down before I sat. I checked the bed and immediately discovered Bed Bugs, which I captured in a tissue and took down to the front desk to show. I was given another room on the 1st floor. (But remember, there was NONE available!)
My elderly mother prepared for bed, but when she sat on the side of the bed it tilted off the base like a See-Saw. It was very late & I did not want to drive to another hotel so we found a young man to reposition the bed. In addition the mini-fridge never got cold. Scary, dirty, and uncomfortable. Never again will I stay at a Jameson Inn.!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
lancaster_sc, assistant beneral manager at Quality Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
I am truly sorry for the unpleasant experience during your recent stay at our inn. We do our very best to accomodate all special requests. I assure you that we have taken care of all the problems which you encountered during your stay. This was understandably an uncomfortable visit. I am glad all was well with the second room your party occupied that night. All of our guests are important to us. I hope you give Jameson Inns the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Sincerely and once again with our sincerest apologies,
Amy, assistant general manager

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nuts NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

With the name and price of Jameson inn you would expect a lot. This motel falls way short of expectation. Everything seems very worn out and well beyond it's replacement time. Jameson promotes it's Dreamium beds, well they haven't found their way to this location. The beds are hard and worn out. The furniture as well. The room I was in had an AC unit from 1975. The construction worker types in the rooms around me were loud and didn't give me the safe feeling that I would normally get from staying at a hotel at this price level ($80). My recommendations would be to avoid this hotel if possible you could get the same thing across the street for much less expense.

• Stayed April 2012
, General Manager at Quality Inn Lancaster, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for the review or your stay at our inn. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered at our property. Please know that we take every guest comment seriously and always work to resolve any issues such as were outlined in your review. We do have Dreamium double sided pillowtop mattresses in all our rooms. Our motel opened in 1995 and we do replace our HVAC units as needed. We always strive to accomodate a variety of guests from those traveling on business or leisure, groups and laborers. I apologize and understand that you felt unsafe but assure you that we are a safe and clean inn. Your comments are important to us and, if returning to Lancaster, we hope that you will give us a second chance to prove why the Jameson Inn is the #1 place to stay. Thank you once again for your review and please keep Jameson Inn in mind for your next travel destination.
Sincerelv, Patti
Lincolnton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

The rooms look and smell clean, but I had to clean up a wet spill and all I had was a white wash cloth. It was black by the time I cleaned up the water. I doubt very seriously if the carpet has been cleaned in a long while, maybe that is why they use dark green...never go bare footed in there again.....

Room Tip: Their all the same...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

The staff at The Jameson Inn is terrific! Rooms are clean and well kept, furniture is nice and well done. The morning breakfast is always good. I have spent many nights there for over a year, and it is always consistently clean and a nice motel. I highly recommend The Jameson Inn to anyone looking at an overnight visit to Lancaster, SC.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Gainesville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was nice enough. The only problem we had was that I did not realize the Inn did not have elevators. I was traveling with two 75+ seniors who each had knee problems and I am a "fluffy" middle-aged lady who also has knee problems. I would return to this hotel only if a first floor room was available.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
HARTWELL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

We have stayed here several times over the last year. They are very accomodating and always aim to please their guests. This location is obviously run and operated by people who are customer service oriented. Always clean, nice breakfast, computer for guests.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

It used to be the nicest hotel/motel in Lancaster. Evidently the economy has taken its toll on the J.I.. Our room stank so badly of air-freshener, you could hardly breathe. I assume it was an attempt to cover the urine smell. We had two rooms by the way. Here are the issues: The dark green carpet was filthy about three inches from the edge of the wall. It looked like left over carpet shampoo mixed with dirt and cobwebs. The recliner was repulsively filthy. They need to throw it out and replaced or better yet just leave it out. The room is simply not large enough for the extra chair. We would not sit on it and was ill just looking at it. There were also tiny bugs stuck to the wall behind the chair which I saw when trying to plug a light into a broken outlet. The bathroom! Doesn’t the damn manager inspect the rooms? Look behind the door and see the dirt and tiny bugs that your guests see when they use the potty. The window sills, a/c unit, tile floor, counters and walls were soiled. This isn’t just a case of worn, it’s dirty and worn out. These issues are not just maid problems. DEEP cleaning is necessary. The smoke detector was in a drawer with the batteries out. Yes the staff at the desk is nice and there is free wireless. But you only spend 5 minutes with them and sleep 7 hours in the room. We tolerated the situation, but next time we are going the Bed and Breakfast route. The Jamison Inn brand should be ashamed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Lancaster? Share your experiences!