“Best Hotel in Lake City” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Lake City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   170 S. Ron McNair Boulevard, Lake City, SC 29560   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lake City
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Best Hotel in Lake City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Me and my girlfriend search tirelessly for a clean place to stay. 5 HOTELS LATER, we tried the Days Inn Lake City. This hotel was a life saver. Respectful, kind, courteous and very professional staff. Plus a clean lobby and rooms. Outstanding!! I see why they receive multiple rewards for their service and hospitality. We are definitely coming back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DaysInn_LakeCity, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
We highly appreciate your feed back and thank you for recognizing the hard work that every member of the hotel staff put in to make your stay pleasant. we hope to see you again. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This has got to be the worse hotel ever!!!...I stayed here before and it was bad!!!!...Recently, I booked at this hotel and I canceled in a timely matter and they still charged my credit card...I called and spoke to the sorry behind manager and Ashley and Courtney and they all were clueless and hang up on me several times...They began to say I had to reservations and they don't know why I was only given one reservation number...When I explained this to them they claimed that they did not understand...I later told the manager that I sent a dispute to my bank and filled a report, she became very angry and upset and refuse to cancel the other days...I had to continue to call for several hours for her to cancel the reservation...Which she only called because I said I was going to call the police...If you want to experience this, by all means go ahead...But, consider yourself warned on the rudeiness and poor customer service....

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry that your were not able to stay at our hotel because your trip was cancelled, however since you failed to call the hotel and cancel your credit card guaranteed room in a timely manner, as per the hotel policy we have charged your card for one night only as no show charge. Please review all details on the email confirmation that was mailed to you at the time of reservations to avoid any future unwanted charges. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Lake City hotels

Hayward, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I'm from California and I came to this horrible hotel on June 4,2013, my husband mother lives in Lake City she had a stroke so we had to come immediatly. The manager Nina is very rude and lazy, when the housekeepers left we called for towels and she said we had to come get them ourselves, no problem i did that and while gettng towels from her she talked very badly about her staff, I found this very rude, because on the second day of being there i met Barbara one of the housekeepers and she was very polite and i seen her working very hard. They only have two housekeepers that have 10 rooms a piece to clean, when i found this out i ask her if she could bring us a set of towels for two days and coffee and cups she stated Nina wouldnt allow this, i was just trying to make it easy for them since our room didnt need to be cleaned.We had book the room for 8 days and if i could have got my money back i would have and went down the street to Lake City Hotel.I pray that the things thats going on there wll be investigated, because Nina is very seldom there, we had no TV service and they have Direct in rooms..when i was there i only got CNN. I reported this to her and she never came up. Her staff does not have permission to do anything without her being there an not allowed to call her when we have problems...8 days WoW i will never ever stay there and we will be back this year in August and we will not be there...Now so you will know I'm only speakng about this Days Inn the ones we have here in California are all excellent...Without the help of Housekeeper Barbara and front desk Sherie I dont know what I would have done...
MANGER NINA YOU ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND NEED TO GET SOME CUSTOMER SEVICE IN YOUR LIFE.....

Room Tip: The AC had big bugs in it
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DaysInn_LakeCity, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I regret to say this and have never told any of my guest before that I am glad you have decided not to come back. I have also discussed your problem with the housekeepers and they are glad that you have decided not to come back as well. While you stayed here we all felt that you had nothing better to do but interfere in our personal life and business. The housekeepers wanted to me to let you know that they were tired your tantrums and the hard time you gave them during your 4 days day. They said you wanted your rooms serviced after hours and treated them so badly. You should have checked out the first day you were unhappy.
Fernandina Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Recently stayed here along with several other family members. The hotel is not new but is in good repair and spotlessly clean. The owner could not have been more welcoming or accommodating for such a large group. The pool is well-maintained as are the immediate grounds. Overall, this is an excellent value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DaysInn_LakeCity, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciate your input. I will pass on your good comments to my staff because they work very hard to keep this place going 24/7. We hope to serve you in the near future, Thank you once again for staying with us.
Rocky Face, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Days Inn, Lake City, over Mother's Day weekend. My grandmother passed away that Friday so almost all of the out-of-town relatives booked there. I think total we had over 10 rooms, all of which are newly renovated with comfy beds and attractive decor. The hotel is also pet friendly and there's a a couple of nice places to walk the dogs in the back and adjacent to the pool. Oh yes, and the pool is quite nice as well! The cousins enjoyed playing in the day and many of us relaxed out there in the evening as well. The owner is very friendly and accommodating as is the entire cleaning staff who went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable the whole weekend. I've never written a review here before, but promised the owner that I would because of the all around positive experience we had. She really helped make a bitter sweet trip be more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DaysInn_LakeCity, General Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time write this review. I am glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable. I know that you were already stressed out due the circumstances in which you had to visit Lake City and that last thing you needed a bad hotel. I look forward to seeing you and your family again for a happy event. I will forward this comment to all my staff who work very hard to keep this place ging.Thank you very much once again.

Been to Days Inn Lake City? Share your experiences!