“"A Nice Place To Stay" & "Pet Friendly"” 4 of 5 stars

Days Inn Lake City
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   170 S. Ron McNair Boulevard, Lake City, SC 29560   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Lake City
East Orange, New Jersey
“"A Nice Place To Stay" & "Pet Friendly"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I arrived Aug. 30th & checked out Sept 2nd at Days Inn. Check-in was a breeze. Before arriving I spoke with Neena, the owner, over the phone and she was pleasant. We booked two rooms (107 & 108). Both rooms was very nice, clean & cozy. It was very quiet. I slept very well during my stay. My sister and her two kids loved the pool. Jannet cleaned my room & she did a very good job. Jannet is a very nice & hard working young lady that deserve a raise. I love the fact that this place is pet friendly. My only complaint Is being disturbed on my last day, two hours before check-out for my towels. I was trying to get enough sleep for my drive back to New Jersey. So my suggestion would be not to disturbed until it is time to check-out. My grade for this average motel is a "B". I do recommend this stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DaysInn_LakeCity, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will definitely take your advise give Janet a good reward. I would also like to apologize on behalf of Janet for disturbing you before 11am. I am very proud of my staff and the effort each one of them put into the hotel. Your kind words are highly appreciated and we will look forward to see you in the near future. Thank You.

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We were sorta skeptical prior to us arriving, but once we walked into the lobby, it was nicely arranged and clean, The location was good as well, the service by the staff was excellent, the really accomodated us, my boys had there own room, they also enjoy the stay there

I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2012
DaysInn_LakeCity, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to appreciate our hotel. Comments like this give us the motivation to continue the very hard work that goes behind each successful operation. My staff and I look forward to seeing you again and to make your stay memorable once more. Thank You.
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've never been in Days Inn Lake Ciry before, but enjoyed this visiting so much! Hotel is very clean, service is excellent and area is so safety. My room had microwave and refrigerator. They are very useful when you staing over more than one day.
I will come back next year. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DaysInn_LakeCity, General Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, my staff and I are very appreciative of you for recognizing the hard work that our teams puts into this each day and night 24/7. We look forward to seeing you again.
West Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I can not believe the change in this Days Inn! I was here two years ago and things were ok. Now everything is outstanding. The rooms are gorgeous, clean and extremely comfortable! The grounds are well taken care of and it is obvious that the owner takes great pride in making sure her customers are well cared for. I would definitely recommend a stay here to anyone passing through! S. Graham

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DaysInn_LakeCity, Owner at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming back to stay with us, after two years. My staff and I are very grateful for your recognition of the hard work we put each into this facility each day. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you and your family in the near future. Once again thank for taking the time to write this survey, it means a lot to us.
Anderson, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I was pleasantly surprises on a recent return trip to Lake City. My wife and I visited for the birth of a grandchild, and found the hotel had been renovated since our last stay, two years earlier. The rooms had been updated and ours was very clean and welcoming. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, particularly the young exchange student working behind the check in/out desk. I was checked in by the owner/operator, who was very friendly. I arranged my reservation online and requested a first-floor room, and had no problems. We will return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
DaysInn_LakeCity, General Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this review. I am very proud of my staff and the hard effort they put in each day to please every guest that walks in. The Russian student Armine has been a great jewel to the hotel this summer. Everyone seems to like her attitude. I thank you on her behalf. Yes we do strive to give our customers the best and make their stay memorable. I will personally make sure my staff is rewarded for their hard work that has been recognized by you. We do look forward to you again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is the best Days Inn I have stayed at...

The room was clean, modern, comfortable, safe, quiet. The grounds and parking area are clean and will cared for. The staff was friendly and helpful.

I normally do not like Days Inn in general but this particular one was an excellent choice.

If you find yourself in this small town this is the hotel to stay at.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DaysInn_LakeCity, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Your kindness is highly appreciated for recognizing the hard work that every staff member puts into running this establishment. Thank you for taking the time to write this survey. We humans often make sure that bad service is published, however only a good few people take the time to write surveys like this one. I will pass on your message to my staff. We all look forward to seeing you again. Take care.
Galveston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I can't comment on the rooms themselves because I never got to see one...Because I work in the hotel technology field, I’ve had to stay at a lot of hotels, and I am not kidding you when I say I have never been treated so horribly by the ‘so called’ front desk clerk/owner of this Days Inn Lake City hotel at 170 S Ronald McNair Blvd.

When I arrived at 1:15 pm, no one was at the front desk. I waited there with credit card and ID in my hand, and then finally a lady comes through one door in the lobby and say’s ‘hold on, do you have a reservation?’ while walking to another door across the room. Then when she comes out the other room and I told her I did have a reservation and she says check-in is at 2pm. And I said to her, “it’s only 45 min away, are you saying you don’t have any rooms available at this point? Because I only see two cars in the parking lot.”

You see, I was traveling there from Dallas and needed to get ready for an online meeting for work. And she would know that I at least requested an early check in had she bothered to even look at my reservation. But instead, she just said, “what kind of room did you want?” And by this time I was a little put off by her bad front desk clerk skills so I gave her my name and specifically asked her to pull up the reservation. (Why should I have to ask the front desk clerk to pull up the reservation?)

She pulls up the reservation and realizes I requested a queen non-smoking, and at no point did she ever say that they didn’t have any rooms available at that time. But do you know what the next words that came out of her mouth were, “I’m going to need the ID of the person who made the reservation, not your ID.” To which I quickly responded, “What are you talking about? It’s my reservation.” And then I handed her my ID (which had been in my hand since I walked into the lobby of the hotel.) Then she looked at my ID and said, “Oh.” You see, I have a name that could be a man or woman’s name, so instead of her simply looking at my ID in the first place, she assumed the name I gave her had to be a man, and wanted his ID. She didn’t offer any apology or anything. So I said to her, “Oh My Gosh, and just shook my head.” Then, she had the nerve to ask me why was I was getting an attitude with her. Well I quickly explained to her that not only did I have to wait for someone to show up at the front desk, but then she started the conversation with what time check-in was, as if she were scolding me. And then on top it off, she offended me by treating me like I wasn’t even the person for whom the reservation was made. I told her the way she’s been treating me is crazy, seeing as though I’m supposed to be the guest.

So she gave me back my ID and said, “you need to just come back at 2pm. I’m the owner and I don’t have to let you stay here.” Now keep in mind, I had a meeting I was supposed to get ready for, but never even got to tell her about my meeting because of the other stuff that happened up to this point. So I asked her what her problem was and why is she treating me like this, and that I was going to call Days Inn corporate to complain.” And then she told me, “I’m just going to call them and cancel your reservation because I don’t want you staying here and I’m the owner and I have the right to refuse anyone a room.”

And then I told her I’m going to complain to as many people who will hear me about how I was treated at that hotel today. I got in my car and had to drive 15 miles just so my phone would be in range of service, and as soon as it was, I called Days Inn to file a complaint. And no, I wasn’t able to attend the online meeting because I couldn’t find another place fast enough to get a wifi-connection.

Just because you own a hotel doesn’t mean you have what it takes to work at the front desk. She didn’t greet me in any type of friendly manner, she didn’t bother to pull up my reservation until I asked her to, and she acted like I couldn’t possibly be the person listed on the reservation. And to top it off, she decided to cancel my rewards reservation and turn me away because she didn’t like me. All I can say is someone as Days Inn corporate really needs to have this owner go through more management training/front desk training/customer service training because what she did today could easily warrant a law suit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Days Inn Lake City, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Sorry, but I think you have the wrong hotel. Thank You.

Travelers are raving about these Lake City hotels

Been to Days Inn Lake City? Share your experiences!