“Beware!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ladson
Jamestown, NC
“Beware!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had 2 rooms. I was horrified to find out that the hotel does not launder mattress covers, blankets , or comforters. I watched and they were never removed. I was also told by housekeeping that this was the hotel policy. I called the corporate to complain and AGAIN this is a independently owned Best Western so they contacted the hotel and had the manager call me. BELIEVE this, he told me it was probably just an angry housekeeper! All he wanted to know is who told me that so he could terminate them. He was just angry I was told the truth. Saw it with my own eyes!‎
Have already told my friends never stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
bwladsonsc, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the award winning Best Western Magnolia Inn. I have personally reviewed your comments with our staff and management team and want to apologize on behalf of our team and assure you the problems that you have mentioned have been addressed. If is our job to provide a clean, comfortable and pleasant stay and as you have read in other reviews....we strive to do that every day and our guests recognize our efforts. This action is not our standard practice and we do take your comment very seriously.
Again, please accept our apologizes and hope that you will give us another try.
Thank you.

- Managment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Evans, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

We were in town visiting friends, we needed a convenient place to stay...My in-laws had stayed at this hotel a few times and really enjoyed it. So we stopped in to check availability - the lobby is pretty and the staff was friendly - we were able to get a room and they were kind enough to put us close to the stairs near the pool - so the kids could enjoy swimming. The kids loved the pool!

Our room was very clean, nicely decorated and quiet. Easy to connect to Wifi and nice to have a fridge for our leftovers. We slept like logs!! I could hardly get anyone out of bed, then I reminded them about the waffle maker at breakfast (which they had used before) and they were up and ready. The breakfast is a 'deluxe continental' type, everything was good - biscuits/gravy, hard-boiled eggs, cereals, muffins, juice, coffees, etc. and a neat waffle maker. It is the best non-buffet type breakfast I've had at a hotel.

We really enjoyed our stay here - the staff was wonderful - I honestly can't think of any criticisms. In fact, I've already made another reservation here for the next time we're in the Charleston area. Highly Recommended!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

The Best Western was a great choice for my weekend stay in the Charleston area. Hotel was fully booked and the price was still affordable. Room was very clean and the front desk was very friendly. It was great that we were able to get a room with 2 queen beds. Most of the other motels in the area only offer 2 doubles and charge 20 dollars more a night. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Selected this hotel based on location, previous B.W. experience and PRIMARILY because pets were welcome. Upon arrival I was asked to agree to a one hundred dollar charge if I had a pet. This was not previously disclosed and II was told if I booked on the site it would have been. There was another fellow in the lobby scrambling to find 2 beds in another hotel since all they were offering him was a single bed on a reservation made and paid for on another popular site. They were telling him that he should have read the fine print which stated that room assignments were not guaranteed. The head housekeeper whispered to me that booking directly with the desk was the only way to go. I guess that was supposed to make me feel better? Because my dogs are under 25# the fee was lowered to $25. I paid with the plan to take the matter up later. It's still open as I pursue it with The online help. Pros - good bed and linens - clean room - good ventilation - quiet Cons - Single sluggish central elevator- no central staircase - a "suite" is a slightly larger room ONLY with no divider - breakfast buffet was basic, understaffed and amateur with chilled items kept in cheap bowls of ice water, nightly housekeeper needed more training or oversight. trash not emptied, soap discarded and not replaced . On Monday the buffet was out of many items. It was a Holiday weekend and the staff seemed overworked. The morning desk clerk doubled as the buffet attendant and the night clerk doubled as maintenance man when the hide-a-bed wouldn't open without flipping it over and kicking at it. Previously I've been very pleased with Best Western Properties, something is a bit "off" with this one

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
bwladsonsc, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn and Suites, responded to this review, February 3, 2010
We applogize for the confusuion. We welcome guests with pets. Our Pet policy is stated clearly on all major websites. It is not $100 as stated by the guest. Our pet policy is $25 per pet per stay.

All guests (regardless of how the travel was booked) are treated with same courtesy and hospitality.
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

I read the recent reviews on this property and decided to give it a try. We were all pleased with our stay (two couples). The owners and staff work very hard to make the stay warm and friendly. The rooms are large with nice sized refrigerators, microwaves, in room coffee, and hair dryers. The TV is large and there are plenty of channels, including HBO. They have updated the rooms decor, more modern, very fresh.

We weren't looking for a 5 star hotel on this trip, yet felt as though we were treated like 5 star guests.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

I don't usually give hotels a 5 star rating, but this time they deserve it. My son was graduating from the Naval Nuclear Power Training Center and all the hotels close to the base had gotten HORRIBLE ratings! Magnolia Inn & Suites is located right off of 26 and about 8 miles from the base. It is set back by itself with trees surrounding the front of the building. You can not see the freeway from your room due to the trees, and there is not much noise from the freeway either. Anyways, I was not impressed with the ratings of this hotel at all. I did notice that in Feb. of 09, one person gave it 5 stars and stated that it was under new management, and they had done a nice job at improving their customer service. All the other reviews were from 05 and 06! So I decided to take a chance. I'm glad I did. The staff was amazing! Very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished. Rooms come with a decent sized fridge, a microwave, blow dryer, iron and ironing board, cable, and a safe for your valuables. The hotel also has a swimming pool, small gym and wireless internet. If you don't have a laptop, they have a business center with a computer that you can use for free. The continental breakfast was very good. Besides the usual, they also had a waffle maker. The only thing I was not impressed with was the walls were pretty thin, People - when you are at a hotel, please try to remember that people in the next room can HEAR you. When you are feeling a little frisky, please know that the person in the next room can hear your "moaning!" I happened to have a very ACTIVE couple next to me........have a little courtesy for the people next to you and keep your vocals to yourself, and try not to bang the headboard!! This is my only complaint about this hotel and it wasn't even their fault. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!