“BED BUGS BED BUGS GALORE” 1 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ladson
Raleigh
“BED BUGS BED BUGS GALORE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The time now is 3:41 am and I am writing this review from the room in another Hotel. I was pleased with the accommodations of the Best Western Plus in Ladson because the room and the hotel appeared to be fairly clean. I did notice a slight foul odor in the lobby and the elevator as I walked in. That should have been a red flag. However when I laid down in the bed things instantly began to change. I normally sleep in a full sweat suit with both legs and arms completely covered. sometimes I use socks but this time I did not. As soon as I laid down in the bed (on top of the sheets) my ankles started itching profusely. I thought that it might be my imagination or, worst case scenario, dust mites. At any rate, I donned my socks to be safe. As I lay in the bed my neck began to itch and bite marks appeared on one side. I thought perhaps I was bitten by a mosquito and was just now beginning to swell. As I turned over in the bed and attempted to sleep, more bites appeared and began to encircle my neck on the side which was in contact with the pillow. I kept trying to search the bed looking for any signs of parasites but could not find any so I still felt I was safe. I trailed off to sleep but awoke abruptly scratching my neck and wrist, as those were the areas where my skin was exposed. I turned on the light, and this time when I looked in the bed I found the culprit. It was a real live bed bug and when I squashed it what came out was my blood. I immediately jumped out of the bed, took a shower, threw away the clothes that I was sleeping in, and called another hotel for a reservation. I like where I am now and can only hope I did not bring any bed bugs here or worse I hope I won't take them home with me. Stay away from the Best Western Plus in Ladson. They are bed bug friendly and people un-friendly. The room I was in was room number 310, but hey, those bed bugs can be in any room there.

Room Tip: Room 310 is a great place to experience a night of horrors.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
bwladsonsc, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
We would like to thank this Expedia guest for taking the time to post their comments. We received a call from Expedia support and are aware of this particular situation.
We take this situation extremely seriously and have addressed it according to our Bed Bug Policy. Our Housekeeping staff and Maintenance staff is trained to inspect and detect any kind of infestation.
After we were notified by Expedia, we immediately took the room off market. Our Housekeeping executive and Maintenance manager personally inspected this particular room and they did not find any signs of infestation. This room was inspected by 3 separate personnel at 3 separate times and still we do not find any signs or infestation.
As reported widely in the media, bed bugs are becoming a significant problem at not only hotels, but offices, hospitals, clubs and furniture stores all across the country. While there is nothing that can be done proactively to treat it, we do perform proactive preventative measures such as
1. All rooms are inspected by our maintenance personnel quarterly.
2. All housekeeping staff take mandatory training for detection
3. We employ a licensed pest control company to treat any rooms that are found to be infected
Please accept our sincerest apologies. Again, thank you for your comments as well as your patronage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Nothing really bad to report, nothing really good. It was a decent hotel for the price. You get a hot breakfast, never any change in what they serve though. Also, you have to wait for the food/utensils to completely run out before they replenish. The check in staff was not overly pleasant, and they wrote the wrong room number on the key. There were a few eateries across the street, and the hotel comes out by a light right near the highway. Took about 15 minutes to get to Charleston from there, and only 10 from the air force base. It was centrally located for our needs. The check out staff was friendly but never emailed me my receipt/invoice like was agreed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Staff was excellent, breakfast was good, but they need new towels or new detergent. Many of us complained about the fact they were stained/unclean. The replacement towels were also stained/dirty. We finally bought our own (thank goodness there was guest laundry). Breakfast was good (I'd stay away from the waffle maker as another guest sneezed on it) and the location was good. Wireless internet was a good strong signal despite the fact that I was all the way at the end of the hotel. You can bring your own cord to plug in directly.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Very nice. We we visiting charleston and patriots point, a little far out but worth the price. It's very close to the interstate. It had a nice breakfast. Seemed to be a safe neighborhood. The price was easily half what it would be closer in to Charleston.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel for the amount paid. My wife can be very picky and she did not have any complaints about this stay. The room was very spacious and clean. I would definitely stay there again.

Columbia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great check-in staff. Room was nice and bed was comfortable. But the wireless internet was just a step up from terrible! We were on the ground floor right near the lobby and you had to practically stand on one foot in the middle of the bed while turning in a circle to get a signal. Maybe the router was just having an off day. Otherwise it was a nice stay and we will definitely stay there again.

Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

bed sheet had stains. bath was dirty. location in the middle of nowhere. I travelled alone so I figured that I would try to save some money but now I wish I had spent more money on a better place. Service was bad and front desk unhelpful.

Room Tip: spend more money on a better hotel, esp if its for a family trip.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!