The time now is 3:41 am and I am writing this review from the room in another Hotel. I was pleased with the accommodations of the Best Western Plus in Ladson because the room and the hotel appeared to be fairly clean. I did notice a slight foul odor in the lobby and the elevator as I walked in. That should have been a red flag. However when I laid down in the bed things instantly began to change. I normally sleep in a full sweat suit with both legs and arms completely covered. sometimes I use socks but this time I did not. As soon as I laid down in the bed (on top of the sheets) my ankles started itching profusely. I thought that it might be my imagination or, worst case scenario, dust mites. At any rate, I donned my socks to be safe. As I lay in the bed my neck began to itch and bite marks appeared on one side. I thought perhaps I was bitten by a mosquito and was just now beginning to swell. As I turned over in the bed and attempted to sleep, more bites appeared and began to encircle my neck on the side which was in contact with the pillow. I kept trying to search the bed looking for any signs of parasites but could not find any so I still felt I was safe. I trailed off to sleep but awoke abruptly scratching my neck and wrist, as those were the areas where my skin was exposed. I turned on the light, and this time when I looked in the bed I found the culprit. It was a real live bed bug and when I squashed it what came out was my blood. I immediately jumped out of the bed, took a shower, threw away the clothes that I was sleeping in, and called another hotel for a reservation. I like where I am now and can only hope I did not bring any bed bugs here or worse I hope I won't take them home with me. Stay away from the Best Western Plus in Ladson. They are bed bug friendly and people un-friendly. The room I was in was room number 310, but hey, those bed bugs can be in any room there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy true Southern hospitality and convenient access to many key area attractions while staying at the BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn & Suites. Ideally situated just off South Carolina's Interstate 26, this hotel features well-appointed guest rooms and suites, each fully equipped with cable satellite television with HBO® and high-speed Internet access. Begin each morning with a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast before relaxing in the outdoor swimming pool or working out in the onsite fitness center. The BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn & Suites also features guest laundry, business services and meeting facilities. This is a pet friendly hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Magnolia Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Magnolia Hotel Ladson
- Best Western Plus Magnolia Inn And Suites
- Best Western Ladson
- Ladson Best Western