“OK but definitely not great” 3 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Summerville - Charleston to your Saves list
Days Inn Summerville - Charleston
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   119 Gateway Drive, Exit 203 off I-26, Ladson, SC 29456   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ladson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

The lady at the front desk was very rude and nasty upon our arrival. Not helpful at all. The bathing towels and wash clothes didn't seem clean. Cleaning staff didn't clean. While we were checking out, we over heard other guests with similar complaints. I won't stay at any days inn ever again. Especially this one.

• Stayed May 2014
BhaveshP927, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Summerville - Charleston, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I am terribly sorry for the unusual circumstances that you encountered during your most recent stay with us. It is our policy to make every guest feel welcomed and at home and I sincerely regret any rudeness you encountered or lapse in service that you experienced. Through feedback like yours, we are able to address mistakes and prevent future inconveniences. We hope you'll return and give us the opportunity to alter your perception of our service and hospitality!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was traveling for business on 5-9-14 and it was late so I decided to stop here for the night. I checked in even though I was charged 104.00 for the room. I put my things in the room and decided to walk to the nearby Waffle House for a late dinner (1200am). I came back to the room approximately 30 mins later and went to bed. I was awakened then by gunshots right outside my door along with screaming. A few minutes later the Sheriffs office showed up and started banging on the door of the room next to mine. After everything had calmed down i stuck my head out the door to try and go to the front desk and was told by the sheriffs office to stay in my room as this was an active crime scene. I did as i was told and finally around 4am the crime scene tape was gone and the officers had left. At this point there was no sense in going to front desk so i decided to wait til i checked out to voice my concerns. Upon checkout i voiced my extreme displeasure with my stay and was bluntly told that management had stated that no refunds would be issued except during the time that Police were on the property. I told the woman and checkout that I would just take it up with Days Inn corporate and she told me "then fine just call corporate" which I did as I was walking out. Please dont stay here because your life might just depend on it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
I am terribly sorry that you encountered a situation so out of the ordinary during your recent stay with us. We take guest safety very seriously and we strive to ensure that our hotel is a safe place for everyone. This means that when any illegal activity is suspected, we must do what is right, even if it disturbs other guests, despite the deep regret we feel for doing so. Guest safety comes before everything else in such situations. I do apologize for the disturbance as we aim to impress every guest with a comfortable and peaceful nights sleep. I do hope that you'll return someday to enjoy the comfortable stay of an ordinary peaceful night at our Days Inn.

Been to Days Inn Summerville - Charleston? Share your experiences!