“Absolutely equals its reputation” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Highly recommended golf course with dramatic views of the Atlantic.
Dallas, Texas
56 attraction reviews
“Absolutely equals its reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great layout, beautiful views, challenging holes, fair and rewarding. Caddies are great. They know the course, work hard to know your game and help you make either challenging or safe shots. We were lucky that the wind was down; so it played much easier than many days. So glad I had this experience. Know this: you have to make your shots; missed shots are punished, but that's what you expect going in. Wouldn't change a thing.

Visited October 2013

Kentucky
11 attraction reviews
“A Good Walk - Unspoiled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My friends and I played this course as the highlight of a weekend golf trip. It was, in a word, unbelievable. We played on a sunny day, teeing off at 9:00 a.m. The wind picked up during the round, but nothing too extreme; it was a typical summer beach day. The course was immaculate. The practice range was also fantastic, as was the clubhouse and all of the staff. We had bottled water on every other hole, and the drink cart made frequent stops. Our caddies were great - very encouraging, and within a few holes they knew the clubs to hand us. I learned early on not to even question yardages, just hit the club and putt on the line the caddie gave me.

Sure it is expensive, but totally worth it if you love the game. It's not really just a round, but an experience to be savored. I played Pinehurst No. 2 earlier in the year and had a similar experience on a diametrically different track. Both courses are difficult, sure, but in completely different ways.

When we walked off of 18, my caddie said, "Good walk today, gentlemen." He was absolutely correct. The Ocean Course is not to be missed.

indianapolis
“Expensive but one of the great courses in the US.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Worth the price of admission for the last four holes alone. Obviously, its very well maintained and the customer service is over the top. The caddies know the lines, trust them. Finally, try to play when it's not so windy, its a very tough course when the wind is up.

26 attraction reviews
“The Ocean Course, what can I say?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Played with three of my best friends and was just blown away. This course is rated as the most difficult course in the US. We played forward and with the guidance of two great caddies, Sean and Hugh we had a memorable day. A bucket list item checked off

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“good day spoiled by bad service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Played the Ocean course for my birthday, the course was nice, perhaps i had been spoiled, by spending 10 days in Scotland in July, playing some stunning ocean front courses. Club house restaurant and food were fantastic, with one of the most spectacular views i have ever seen from a restaurant window.

This is now the bad service. Half way thru my round, i was looking for my wedge my caddie put my wedge into the other gentleman's bag, no problem, we found it. At the end of the round we all shake hands, the caddies put your bag into your car. The next morning i'm getting my bag to play golf, and notice my wedge is missing. I immediately know what has happened, the caddie put my wedge in the other guys bag. I call the club house at 7am, let them know what happened, the gentleman is staying at Kiawah, but is flying home today to San Diego. I was told by the young gentleman, he would take care of it, and he would call me back. I head out to play golf at Wild dunes. At 4pm i have not received any calls. I call the club, spoke to another gentleman, he would call the other golfer,and call me back. 15 minutes later, i received a call, he had left a message, but got no response back, i informed the gentleman, he would not get a call from the other golfer, until his plan landed in San Diego with my wedge. to cut a longer story short, after 3 more call on my part chasing up, the info on my wedge, it is being shipped back to me. This could have been avoided, if they could have made one call that morning. I would to thank Kiawah for getting my club back, but after dropping $670 for the day, golf, tip, food and items in pro shop. I would expect better service, perhaps a simple apology from some one, and i would have been happy

Visited August 2013