Spent three days on business -- rooms are exceptional, southern hospitality at every turn and the location on the beach makes it a great place to relax, play a round of golf or have a drink in the lounge. Resort has shuttle that will transport you to other locations around the resort area for dinner so no need to drive -- and quite dark at night (very few lights).
Nice gym, great trails to run (on beach is nice) or recommend renting a bike and going for a long ride. There is a grocery store approx 10-min from the resort to grab wine, snacks or a very nice meal -- they have a impressive deli.
Tip 1: Great food at Cherrywood BBQ (at Clubhouse) -- make sure you also visit during the day to see the large number of alligators....we counted 23 while there.....around the clubhouse pond.
Tip 2: Ask the staff for places on the Island to eat -- they didn't stear us wrong with their local recommendations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island