We have vacationed at the Sanctuary for the last four years. This year, we decided to try something different and rent a villa next door in the Windswept complex. The villa was a huge disappointment due to cleanliness and bugs. Called the Sanctuary to check on availability for the remainder of our week in Kiawah and was promptly given a reservation for a disabled room, as I was traveling with my elderly mother who needed assistance. As the person making the reservation knew of our previous stays and disappointment with a buggy villa, she ended the conversation with "welcome home" to the Sanctuary. Upon arrival it was great to see many of the staff members were still there. Many of the valets, pool and beach attendants, wait staff etc. have been at the hotel since we began coming. Everything was top notch as always. They know how to make returning guests and all guests feel special. It truly is like coming home. You cannot truly experience Kiawah without a visit to the hotel. My only complaint is the very limited to almost non existent food choices for vegetarians. A few more healthful non meat selections in the resort restaurants would be desirable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island