I have vacationed on Kiawah Island for 15 years but this was the first time I stayed overnight at The Sanctuary. Our room was very clean and pristine. The bathroom was quite large and had a separate shower and bathtub with a separate room for the toilet. We had a side ocean view which was lovely. The balcony was a bit small but it was adequate. The bed was comfortable as was the room temperature. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating whether we were inside the hotel or on the beach. The pool and beach area were clean and well maintained. My only exception were the pool restrooms which could have been cleaner. There were cobwebs and spiders and other dead bugs in the stalls. I did not expect this at a 5 star hotel. All in all though, The Sanctuary was a wonderful place to stay and I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island