What a place , looks like its been there for years ( 2004) as a mansion for a plantation , deep colour wood floors , high ceilings and two huge staircases. Bar and restaurants lovely and comfortable and great service . Prices not bad for cocktails or wine . Breakfast great - shrimp and grits a bit like a mild curry ( spoken as a brit ) but is a must .
Mint Julep by the pools fab and a very short walk on to the beach is a must .
Golf shop and gift shop both good and not too bad in cost . Godd quality . Staff all very friendly and helpful .
Golf courses all looked fab and friends who played The Ocean were speachless. Didnt go to the spa but the fitness room and indoor pool looked godd and very clean .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near Charleston, SC, The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an oceanfront Five Star/ Five Diamond hotel and spa offering casual Southern grace, comfort and charm on one of the top eco-friendly island in the U.S. It features five golf courses including The Ocean Course, site of the 2012 PGA Championship. Tennis magazine ranks it as America's No. 3 tennis resorts and it has one of the top-ranked beaches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sanctuary At Kiawah Island Golf Hotel Kiawah Island
- Sanctuary Hotel Kiawah Island
- The Sanctuary Kiawah Island