“quiet beautiful beaches” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Islands, Golf Courses
Activities: Golfing, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A major golf course, beautiful beaches and miles of conservation land make this private island a desirable attraction.
Easton, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“quiet beautiful beaches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

we go to kiawah every year. We usually stay at sparrow pond cottages, which are nice, and close to beach with pool access. (ants usually though) This time my husband wanted to stay in a house on the private side of the island (plantation) we stayed in 8 surfsong rd. The house was really close to the beach, very affordable, and close to bike path. However, the house was not sprayed for bugs and was not kept up at all. The couch had stains all over it, the guest bedroom bed was collapsed in the middle! So no wonder it was cheap considering where it was located.
LOVE this island though. The bike paths, the protected nature throughout the island are wonderful. The alligators are becoming increasingly comfortable with people which is a bad thing. They actually wait while you fish and steal the fish from your hook! Might be funny but they should be afraid of us. This was not the way it was years ago. Not to mention I have never seen that many alligators out and about there in the past, but they were all over.
We loved staying on the private side of the island because its really quiet, beaches are not crowded at all, no one was there in the evenings.
There are many quiet areas on the island if you drive or bike to them to fish. many docks most tourists do not even know exist.
The new fresh fields grocery was great, kind of expensive, but the food was fresh and yummy.
Best restaurant-rosebank farms cafe on bohicket next to seabrook island. avoid shrimpers, and reds. Java cafe was good for coffee and crescents with ham and cheese for breakfast.
When we go back, we will probably go back to the sparrow pond cottages, or a nicer house and pay more.

Roanoke Va
“Too many cock roaches!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

Don't book at the Turtle Cove Villas unless you don't mind sharing your condo with cock roaches. Lot's of them! Stayed one night and demanded a refund for the rest of the booking. When we got up the next morning the roaches were crawling all over everything.
The folk’s at Beach Walker Rentals don’t seem to care. They tend to minimize the issue by calling them Palm bugs. They can call them what ever they like but they are officially cock roaches and you probably don't want to eat and sleep with them...

Lexington, KY
“A great vacation spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

My wife, 5 year old daughter, and I took our parents on a mini-vacation to Kiawah Island in October. We rented a house in Vanderhorst from skyruncondos.com that was absolutely fabulous. Although we had people of all ages and different interests, Kiawah provided something for everyone. The beach is very clean and was not crowded at all. That was my daughter's favorite. The paved bike paths provided my dad with a way to get out and explore the island. I have never known him to ride a bike so much! The restaurants on the island were good. We spent some time at the Fresh Market Village Shoppes, which gave the ladies something to do. I would have played on one of the many great golf courses, but decided just to spend time with the rest of my family. The Nature Center was also a great little educational place for everyone. I would recommend Kiawah Island for anyone wanting a peaceful, nature-centric vacation.

Kokomo, IN
“Kiawah and Seabrook Island Bicycle rentals and kayak rentals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

I found this really neat bicycle shop on the way to Kiawah Island, SC. I was having trouble deciding what size bicycles I needed for my kids but this young man named Blake took care of us and the bicycling was definately are favorite part of the vacation. If you are coming to kiawah you have to rent bikes. I noticed that there prices were much better than on the Island through the resort. We didnt rent kayaks but they rent those as well and we will definately be renting those next year.
Have fun,
Tom Ploard

Virginia
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2004

Stayed over Easter weekend 04'. Resort has excellent golfing, tennis and swimming pools. We stayed in a cottage, which was ideal for our family of 6. Cottage was a bit dated, but functioanlly was fine for our needs. Only complaint would be food/drink prices, ($8 for hamburger or mixed drink).