“wonderful place to visit” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Islands, Golf Courses, Outdoors
Activities: Golfing, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: A major golf course, beautiful beaches and miles of conservation land make this private island a desirable attraction.
67 attraction reviews
“wonderful place to visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

very relaxing. beautiful island with great running trail off the main roads. the island is really beautiful and well preserved

Visited March 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“My Best Memories Are My Kiawah Memories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Kiawah Island is more than just an idyllic South Carolina beach town: it is a place where nothing seems to ever go wrong, where the promise of summer, in all of its transient carelessness, is captured forever. My family has summered in Kiawah Island for years now, and it has yet to grow old on us. Whether relaxing on the beach, or biking down one of Kiawah’s many scenic trails, we never cease to have fun when on the island. The younger members of our family find that the comprehensive kid’s program the island offers is amazing. Kiawah is so safe that my parents let my seven year old sister wander about by herself, and let the older kids (ages 10 and 11) go to the beach or wander around the island alone. Our vacation house was gorgeous, with the beach less than 50 feet away, and access to tennis courts and a pool. The men of the family thoroughly enjoyed the island’s golf courses; they golfed everyday, and throughout the week, all they wanted to talk about was their ongoing competition. Also, prepare to either make your own meals or spend inconceivable amounts of money on meals from the Kiawah Market. The beaches of Kiawah are gorgeous, uncrowded, and clean. As a teenage girl, I felt my experience at Kiawah was greatly enhanced by bringing a friend along for the trip, as the island is not the most teen friendly place you will find. The paved walking paths around Kiawah are perfect for the afternoon stroll or bike ride. Taking time to slow down and just experience the natural beauty that encompasses Kiawah is one of my favorite things to do on my visit. The endless palm trees and sandy beaches never seem to change, despite the year intervals between my viewing them. Whenever I feel unhappy, I think of all of the picture perfect sunrises Kiawah has presented me; it’s impossible to be unhappy when thinking of the most beautiful sight there could be. Kiawah is my favorite place on earth, because with all the transformative experiences I’ve had there, how could it not be? The highlights of my life have been set at Kiawah: from seeing my first real-life alligator, to breaking into the neighborhood pool at night to swim with my siblings, whenever I think of myself at my happiest, I think of myself at Kiawah. The two are one in the same.

Visited July 2013
ohio
12 attraction reviews
“My Happiest Place on Earth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have been vacationing, at least once a year, at Kiawah for 12+ years and it is honestly my happiest place on Earth! There is just something for everyone of every age. We rent thru Beachwalker Rentals and truly love the staff there! We have finally found a house that we "repeat" rent because it has everything we like and is close to the beach. Kiawah beaches are never over-crowded, even on the 4th of July. There is a real feeling of "coming home" when we drive down Bohicket Road and get closer to the Island. I recommend Kiawah Island to everyone I know and even some I don't know. You haven't lived til you have vacationed there!

Visited July 2013
Dingwall, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
“Kiawah Marathon 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed in rented house for the weekend of the marathon. Great house by the golf course. Marathon well organised. Fantastic location.

Stamford, Connecticut
15 attraction reviews
“Simply beautiful and fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

our family frequents Myrtle Beach and one day we took a day trip down to Charleston, then moving onward to Kiawah Island. A delightful and deserted island paradise you do not want to miss if you are in the area. Lovely warm water and miles of long beach.

Visited August 2013