“Lucy makes the place!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Lewisville, North Carolina
“Lucy makes the place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We go here each trip to Seabrook. Lucy is usually there and a real treat. We have gone for the past two years for my husband's birthday and she brings in her tall pink pelican and places it right next to him. Everyone loves it. The food is very good as well. We have watched the comings and goings of Red Sky for the past 6-8 years, through better and worse but I think it is on the better side now.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Charleston SC
“Lucy is back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This place was a twice a week stop when we were here for a week or two. Then the ownership changed....for the worse. That experiment failed and Lucy, the original owner, got Red Sky back. Little more upscale than before but the food is great. The service is very good. Pricing is pretty much market for the fare. Ignore the old gas pump outside. It is not a low brow place. I always get the buffalo shrimp app and one of the specials. Nice atmosphere. Good food. Definite stop out on our island.

Visited October 2012
virginia beach virginia
“family dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

everyone was so pleasant as we had a two year old and a 12month old...waitress even held the baby while we finished our dinner...plus the food was excellent...

Visited August 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
“Absolutely delicious dinner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Charming, even though it was a bit expensive. Our fresh fish dinner was delicious. Bread was baked fresh. (Service was slow, however.) Convenient location.

Visited June 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Decent Food + Terrible Service = First and Last Visit”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We vacation in Seabrook Island every summer. We are two couples each with toddler children and had read that Lucy's was very family friendly.Some of the past TA reviews we read were mixed but we decided to give it a go.

We made an early reservation to beat the crowd and were seated very quickly. The meal went downhill from there. It took nearly 15 minutes for the waitress to take our order and nearly 30 before our appetizers arrived. Because we had children with us, we asked them to bring the kids' meals out as soon as possible. When they arrived (basic spaghetti with red sauce) the food was inedible. The pasta was sticky and the chicken in the sauce was bland, chewy and flavorless. Luckily, we'd brought snacks for the kids so they hung in there.

Our entrees took another 45 minutes to arrive after our appetizers. There was no explanation from the waitress about the hold up or ETA for when we could expect our meal. Thank God our children were well behaved because as we looked around there were people who had arrived after us who were eating and or/ finishing up their meals.

Now about the food - two of us had prime rib and two of us had seafood.
The food itself was good but not outstanding. I had scallops which were cooked well with a nice lemon butter sauce but gritty from not being cleaned properly. My husband liked his prime rib very much. It had a nice seared crust on the outside and was juicy and flavorful.

Our total bill was just shy of $200 with only one person having a single glass of wine. Now anyone who visits this area knows that you can get great food for a not alot of money. You can also splash out and get an extraordinary meal - this is the Charleston area afterall. But If I'm paying $200 I expect excellent service and a great meal. This was not that. We didn't receive a single apology nor did we get anything comped. Lucy, the owner (who was there) and saw what was going on could have at least comped us the kids' meal, brought dessert or something. I can forgive an off night if you are willing to show you value my patronage but not if I get crappy service and you barely acknoweldge me when I leave after having spent so much. In short, it was one of the worst dining experiences I've had in a long time and I don't say that lightly.

Finally let me say, that more than a few reviewers have pointed out the bad service at Lucy's Red Sky Grill. I hope that Lucy will take our complaints seriously and take a hard look at the service and make the needed improvements.

• Visited August 2012