“Wednesday Prime Rib - Be There!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois, USA
“Wednesday Prime Rib - Be There!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Lucy's is our new favorite for Seabrook Island dining. It seems like it's been through some changes since 2006 when we started going there, but last year we loved their Wednesday prime rib special so much I decided to make it my "Birthday" dinner this year. I was not disappointed. Being from Chicago I normally wouldn't order beef in a seafood restaurant, but I include some of the major Chicago beef places when I say that Lucy's is the best prime rib I've ever had.

We ate there again two days later and went for the seafood. I ordered a grouper dish and out of curiosity asked the waitress about how fresh the fish was (I'd heard grouper was local.) I said, "For instance... where was this fish this morning?" She said, "Swimming in the ocean." They have an agreement with a local boat captain and he tells the chef what's going to be available for the menu that evening. The chef did his (or her?) part, too, and the grouper was excellent.

Although we didn't hang out in the adjacent bar, my wife and I did enjoy the live music which filtered into the restaurant at just the right volume to be enjoyed but not drown out conversation. We liked the restaurant decor and the art from local painters adorning the walls.

The service is was excellent, with wait staff who really know the menu and seem naturally helpful and friendly.

We're pretty spoiled with local restaurants at home, so I'm surprised to see that anyone could be disappointed in Lucy's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
boston
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Its been a few years since we have tried Red Sky so when we heard Lucy was back, we drove in. Have been going to Red Sky for about 10 years so disappointed that this was our worst experience. Not bad but very average atmosphere and food. Limited menu (2 fish, 2 beef) and noisy. Seems if there are young children, which is normal for casual restaurant in beach area, that they have microphones-loud and never ending. We have family members with food allergys and no one knew the incrediants-for the price and style you would expect more. Average food, atmosphere and service sums it up.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Neighborhood atmosphere -- great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We were here twice in late May. Lots of food choices with an emphasis on seafood. You'll find Lucy (the owner) overseeing things most days -- maybe that's why everything runs so smoothly. The staff is friendly and fast. The food is really excellent...even the steak -- "don't get steak in a fish place" does not apply here. Not stuffy--a few of the restaurants are insufferable down in this area (Island House--the main restaurant at the Club on Seabrook--and Hege's, are two examples)--too impressed with themsleves to hone in on you and your needs--but NOT at Lucy's. Always lots of specials. We come back to this restaurant year after year on vacation. It is our favorite in Seabrook Island area. You won't be disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tolland, Connecticut
“Great food and good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

As other reviewers said Lucy's is casual and "relaxed". We were there on a Tuesday so it was not crowded or too noisy.
Salads were excellent, especially the fried oysters salad. These were tender and did not taste "greasy". The Sangria was very good with enough red wine to balance the fruit juices.
My wife had a halibut special with capers and white wined served over polenta but the corn meal was almost "custard" soft. I liked the Southwestern Chicken and Seafood Stew. It has chicken, chorizo, fish, shrimp, scallops and mussels in a spicy but not too hot pepper, corn and tomato broth. The very large portions made for great take home lunches the next day.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
phila pa
“Casual vibe... excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were staying in Kiawah and wanted to be a little more casual without sacrificing food quality. This was the perfect place! Highlight was grouper and sweet potato soup special - never heard of these ingredients together but it was truly delicious! All of our entrees, from fish to scallops to spaghetti were great. Nice service and a friendly, fun vibe. Would highly recommend!

• Visited April 2012