“Always Accountable!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Always Accountable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have been coming to Rosebank Farms Café since 1995 and wouldn't miss a meal there whenever we are in town. This is traditional low country fare - not fancy or fine dining - just good food in a friendly atmosphere. Our last visit included fried oysters and the peach tea brined pork tenderloin - oysters were plump and perfectly cooked, pork tenderloin was juicy and nicely seasoned. We also enjoy their fried chicken - a great choice for "take out"!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Maryland
“Low country Cookin' at it's best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stopped by Rosebank's on a recommendation when visiting the beaches surrounding Charleston. We were told this place had real low country cooking and I wanted to try fried green tomatoes while in Charleston. I had the fried chicken, fried green tomatoes and sweet potato fries. This is more fried food than I have had in the last 20 years of my life! I was surprised when the fried chicken was a boneless chicken breast. The fried green tomatoes did not have any flavor. Definitely not like my mom's! The sweet potato fries were tasty and were sprinkled with a slight amount of cinnamon sugar - just the right amount. The service was excellent and the hostess was a hoot! All in all, the food was a bit of a disappointment.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Asheville, NC
“Better choices available”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Average food, short drinks, loud. we were disappointed. service was slow and confused. glasses of wine were fine but scotch was a very short pour. Fried fish platter was overbreaded and she crab soup bland. Over all. Less than average.

Visited May 2013
Greenville, SC
“Overpriced, under seasoned”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Had high hopes for a delicious lunch so near to a high end development. The best thing about our meal was the beer. She crab soup was floury tasting with no crab. We asked our server if the food was local, which they advertise, and it was definitely not fresh. I asked if the fried shrimp was lightly battered, she assured us it was, and, it was not. I never cook with salt, but I liberally added it today! I attended the Culinary Institute of America and been in restaurants for years. I would not return here, even for a freebie.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
connecticut
“Wonderful fresh, southern food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us and it lived up to the expectations. It is a low key place with fresh, good food. Loved the shrimp & grits, fried fish platter and even the kids chicken strips! Everything is home-made and from their farm and you can taste it! Don't forget to order dessert!

Visited April 2013