“Great little place, lots of food for very little! New favorite!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 56 Restaurants in Johns Island
Cuisines: American
Hanahan, South Carolina
“Great little place, lots of food for very little! New favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had purchased a restaurant.com certificate for this place a couple of years ago and misplaced it. We ran across it the other day and decided to give it a try. Finding info on-line was not very helpful as all things pointed to it being a breakfast/brunch operation with no menu online. I'm glad I called to find out they were open. We had to spend $35 to use the certificate, and it was hard to reach that total with my husband and me. Their entrees are so reasonably priced, and they serve you a lot of food! I had the NY Strip. I'm not a strip person, but this was really good, I had fries and onion rings. The onion rings came in their own basket. My husband ordered the meat loaf, fried okra and spinach fettucini . The pasta came on it's own good sized plate. Plus we were served a basket of warm, crusty bread. Oh, and both entrees came with a nice sized salad. Needless to say, we were able to eat only half of what we received. To fill out our required order, we asked for a brownie to go. It had to be 3" x 3". It tasted like it was a mocha brownie. Very good warmed up and topped with some ice cream we picked up on the way home. Our server, Olivia, was very sweet, and didn't miss a beat. This is a small place, when they say cafe, they mean it. No frills, it could use some updating on the cracked cushions and aging tables, we were not out on a big date, so not really a problem. We made three more small meals between us on the left-overs, so it was a great deal!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Midway, Utah
“Great food, friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We were headed to Folly Beach and looking for a place to eat lunch. We saw Sweetwater and turned in. Great little diner with very friendly, efficient folks running it. These are the places I really love to find. I had meatloaf with mashed potatoes and collard greens. I enjoyed every bite. I wish my mother could see me enjoying collard greens - they were wonderful. My wife had an omelet and it was perfect. The prices are reasonable, the staff is friendly - what's not to love? Trip Adviser has this listed as Johns Island - it should be James Island.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
“Great little find along the way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were looking for a place to have a late breakfast on Saturday morning and luckily we happened by Sweetwater Cafe. The food was wonderful - it was cooked to order and extremely fresh. We were there for a short weekend to attend a wedding - next time we are in the area we will definitely eat there again - this time we might try lunch.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sparta, Georgia
“You Won't Believe The Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were driving towards Folly Beach yesterday when we saw a large amount of cars at a nearby local restaurant. We made a U-turn to check it out and was glad that we did. A bit crowded (ony a 15 minute wait) but were rewarded for our wait with some of the best food in Charleston. I ordered the eggs benedict which included a crab patty on each of the english muffins and of course covered with the eggs and hollandaise sauce...YUM. My wife ordered the pecan crusted french toast which was sweet enough that she didn't require any maple syrup at all. For desert she wanted a brownie (to go) which turned out to be a beautirul looking pastry that was all of 4 inches square. For the first time in 37 years of being married to this woman, she told me that this brownie was actually better than she could make...WOW. YOU GOTTA TRY THIS PLACE!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Excellent open face omlet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We went there two days while we visited our daughter and were very impressed! The first day I had the Mediterranean omelet and it was delicious. My husband ended up having the fried chicken and waffles and he said they were out of this world. Great service and very friendly wait staff made it a very nice visit.

Visited July 2013