“Can't beat the location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 24 Restaurants in Isle of Palms
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Coconut Joe's is a family-friendly restaurant right on the beach. We have a wide range of entrees on our menu: burgers, seafood, Caribbean specialties, entree salads, wraps, and plenty of choices for the children. During the season, we have live music at our rooftop bar every night, and this is a fun place to be if there is a wait for your table. We offer call-ahead seating up to 45 minutes ahead of your anticipated arrival. During the cooler months, we offer a spectacular view, and a quieter environment to enjoy your meal.
Lake of the Hills, IL
“Can't beat the location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2006

Hey - if you're looking for fine-linen Southern Cuisine, this is not your choice.

However, if your looking for a fun meal overlooking the beach, then this place can't be beat. There's nothing that beats sitting out on the back porch, taking in the sites, sounds & smells of the ocean while imbibing with a margarita, and chowing down on their fabulous fried oysters.

OK, so they get busy - but quite frankly they're about the ONLY restaurant with the fabulous wide-open ocean view. There's only a handful of tables on the back-porch, but that's where everyone wants to eat - and the wait for those few tables can get wild. So if you're in a hurry, choose the inside dining where there is still a real nice view of the ocean.

When I think of "Wasting Away Again in Margaritaville", this is the place!!!

Sanford North Carolina
“I'm Loving It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2006

I started my trip to Charleston, SC by comming to this site to find fun things to do and good places to eat! Even after reading the not so good reviews that Coconut Joe's has recieved my wife and I went there for dinner! I must say we had a great time! We found the service and food to be very good. We were down for 6 day and ate there around 8 times. We loved it, made our trip.

Simpsonville, SC
“Had a great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2006

Before the beach, we had a luncheon birthday surprise for a friend. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was very good. Although the heat index was 111, the ocean breeze made for an enjoyable lunch with friends.

Kingston, TN
“Not worth it!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2006

I would have to agree with earlier review. We had spent the day on the beach and was looking forward to a nice dinner with a view of the ocean. After placing our name on the wait list, we waited and waited. The employee was not friendly at all, in fact rude. We waited for 1 hour and 10 minutes for a table. When I asked her how much longer, she acted like I was bothering her and that I had been told that I would be waiting, even though there appeared to be empty tables. The food was so normal, nothing special. By the time we were seated it was dark, no more view. I had lost my appetite, I only ordered a small salad. We had six people in our party, everyone finally got their food, my salad never came. The waitress finally realized I was not eating, I told her to forget about it. This was a miserable experience, very pricey for below average food. The employees need a lesson on customer service. Has potential because of the view, but probably needs new management! Never again will we eat there.

Mechanicsburg, PA
“I rather go hungry.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2006

We were on the beach and lured in by the outdoor carribean deck restaurant. We had to wait for a table and went to the inside bar. The barmaid was unfriendly, almost surly - definitely, she was not happy about working here. After 30 minute wait and seeing many tables available but not filled, we asked the the Captain how much longer. He said we can sit near his Madr D pondium if we wanted - next to the trash cans. Unfortantly, we said ok. Service lackluster, food just ok, but overall, not a fun, relaxing lunch that we planned. We couldnt wait to get out. They have an top floor with a bar and outdoor seating that could be cool - but they do not bring food upstairs - I guess too much work for the staff.