“Don't judge this book by its cover ...” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We serve the freshest seafood 7 days a week, specializing in farm to table. Est. 1986
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Don't judge this book by its cover ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

When I realized this place was in the Harris teeter shopping center, I started worrying we had picked the wrong place for dinner with the family.

I was wrong! The whole family is still talking about the wonderful redfish, the succotash, the whole fried seabass and the great service.

The food was very high quality and superbly prepared.

We went early as we had young kids in our party and the wait staff was superb.

“Amazing!!! Pleasantly surprised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our expectations were not high but Wow! Every dinner was delicious. Halibut, clams, flounder. The halibut was truly the best I have ever tasted! We would rate the food as high as Hanks in Charelston although the atmosphere quite different since it is in a strip mall - no white coat wait staff but all were friendly and attentive!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Knoxville
“Delicious and relaxing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Delicious food and a wonderful experience. The restaurant has a very relaxed environment. It was wonderful after a long day of traveling. I had the crab stuffed shrimp and it was great. I do recommend making reservations.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Very accomodating and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were at the Isle of Palms for a family reunion and called late for a large group, they were very accommodating to fit us in last minute and the low country food was delicious.
Wait staff was excellent, made for a perfect get-together, thanks Payton.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Overrated, not the best location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

The food is good but overall not very good especially considering the prices. Thats why I am giving it an average rating. I was immediately disappointed when I looked on the menu and didn't find a seafood fettuccine. I looked at the menu online and found a saefood fettuccine when choosing this restaurant and this was the main reason I wanted to go here. My husband was also planning to order this meal. I did ask our waitress about it and she just responded about another pasta special that was nothing like it. Our waitress was just okay. She wasnt friendly and she wasn't all that helpful. After not being able to get the seafood fettuccine, I asked about getting the flounder and scallop combination meal but
requested the flounder pan fried instead of fried (since it is served like that in another meal). She said "no" to that question as well. I even said maybe she could ask the chef but she still responded with a negative. For the upscale restaurant Long Island Cafe wants to be, I thought they should have been more accommodating.

There were four of us who went. Here's what we got and what we thought....
Wrecked fish (special) - pretty good but wasn't didn't fill him up, overpriced especially for the portion
Sea bass - good but wasn't enough food ...too many bones!
Pan fried flounder - good but not great
Shrimp & grits - really liked them
We got two desserts to share because the guys were still hungry. I thought they were over priced at $7 each. My husband did think the key lime pie was some of the best he's ever had.

The restaurant sits in a strip mall between a grocery store and a pizza hut. It's not a great location.

I think you could find a better seafood restaurant with better service. I would not go back.

Visited June 2014