“NICE” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Saint Louis, Missouri
“NICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I got the most amazing crab cake, hardly any filler! Fries were home made and the grits were buttery. They also had a really delicious key lime pie, splurge!

Visited September 2013

Durham, NC
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My family (party of 6) went to dinner here last Thursday night. Acme was recommended by some friends as a good seafood place. Perhaps they were just having a bad night, but our experience was just not that good. We got there at 5:40pm in hopes of getting the early bird specials. Well, we were the third people waiting and didn't get seated until 6:30, so no early birds. The host and hostess were having personal conversations as we waited in the small lobby. She even said, "A LOT of kids tonight," not pleasantly. Our food came, after 7:00pm and it was cold and not very good. The peas were cooked in pork flavoring. The shrimp were good, but the steak was so cold that the dollop of butter that they placed on top did not melt a bit. Old fries, and the crab cakes had no flavor. We were seated outside on the porch, and the mosquitos were biting us as we ate (I know, not entirely their fault.) As we were getting into our car, the chef was out back on his cell phone and smoking a cigarette. Just not a good experience. Disappointed.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great crab related dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

If you like crab, you have io come get their crab cakes and flounder stuffed with crab. The masked potatoes, grits, slaw and field peas are good. Fries need work.
Service was very good. Great place to go on this nice beach island

Visited September 2013
“Great food. SMALL portions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Loved the atmosphere and the feel of Acme, but thebportioms were too small for the price. Wife and 2 small kids ate there and walked out at over $75 with no desert.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Poor service, overpriced good food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Let me start by saying the food was good. I felt it was a bit overpriced though. My problem was with the service. Everyone was nice but... It started with a call as we were on our way. The person answering the phone had to put us on hold to find out if there was a wait, then could not give any estimate of time. We asked if we could get on the list and we were told that they didn't do that after 5pm, which I found odd since they probably don't have a wait before 5pm. I know that call ahead seating isn't done everywhere but... When we got there we were given a wait time of 15 minutes and with a young child, time is important. 40 minutes later we were seated. The beer I wanted on tap was out, no biggie. When I asked the server about the drink specials on the chalkboard when you walk in, she could only name one. Then said it was her favorite. (It wasn't good). We ordered 2 sides immediately for our child because of the long wait. We later asked the server if one of the sides could be counted as the side of one of our meals since we didn't need more, we just needed it before the meal. She said it was already entered into the computer and tried to convince us to just get the sides with the meal, when we said not to worry about it, but that we didn't need the extra side she said she would "see what she could do". (Didn't seem like that much to ask to me). Our food wasn't out after 15 minutes after a table of 8 (who was seated 10 minutes after us) got there food. We entered the restaurant at 6:30, it was now 7:45 and still no food. We asked for it to go and paid immediately and left. I understand that this probably isn't always the case due to all of the great reviews (which is why we came here). I just wanted to let my experience be heard.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere