“Acme is consistently a great neighborhood beach restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
“Acme is consistently a great neighborhood beach restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We go to Acme quite often because it is a great local place just off the beach. I recently had fried flounder picatta which was excellent and I chose cheese grits and field peas as the sides. Both sides were also excellent. A surprise bonus was our accomplished waitress, Rachel, whose sister recently was our waitress at Morgan Creek. We'll go back to Acme regularly. They serve a large list of burgers when you're in the mood, and one on a nearby table smelled really really good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great little local restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The service was excellent. My daughter had the chicken and really loved it. I had the fish tacos and didn't care for them too much. The combination of sweet and spicy favors in them just didn't go we'll together for me. Next time I'll try something else on the menu. I really want to try their breakfast out. We walked by two mornings in a row and the wonderful smells made my mouth water. I'm putting it on my list next time I'm in town.

Visited March 2013
“Really good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Went for the first time last year when vacationing and it was so good we went back again this year. Breakfast/brunch was great. The dinner portions were a little small but the quality of locally caught fresh seafood was fantastic.

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Gem on the IoP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Spending the month on IoP away from the cold north, have made our second happy hour - dinner trip to Acme in two weeks. While there are plenty of great lowcountry dishes on the menu, the chef really knows how to make slamming preparations of the traditional that will absolutely wow the palate with a fresh and incredibly tasty version at reasonable prices.
Don't miss the Charleston succotash (fresh tarragon is the secret) or the lowcountry egg rolls. Grilled local shrimp (healthy portion) served over grilled romaine with caesar dressing was as good as any snobby haute cuisine joint would serve at twice and with less shrimp.
The bartenders and servers are all down-home friendly and will make you feel that you have been coming there for sometime.
If in IoP, Acme is the place for a memorable and friendly meal.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kodak, Tennessee
“amazing food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I really loved this place the food was Great and so was the service! Will deffinently be going back on my next trip!!

Visited February 2013