“Good food but not memorable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 24 Restaurants in Isle of Palms
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Sea Island Grill offers upscale yet casual dining with an emphasis toward sustainability. Featuring local and regional fare creatively prepared by our chefs, our menus change seasonally, allowing us to capture the freshest of ingredients and bring those products impeccably to your table.
Dallas
“Good food but not memorable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Pleasant ambience; good service. Food was quite good and the presentations were very attractive. His filet was very good. My braised short rib tasted wonderful, but as short rib often is, it was fattier than I prefer. Sides were good. So, we enjoyed it but not enough at the price to return. The entire Wild Dunes resort disappointed us with no ocean view from the public rooms.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Wonderful dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The popcorn scallops were wonderful but would have liked at least one more. We sat outside and it was so lovely.

Visited August 2012
“Worst dining experience we have had in the USa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Our family of six went for a last dinner of our holiday. From the beginning the service was very poor. The waiter spilled water over one of our children, an accident of course,but it set the standard for the whole experiance.We had to ask for our drinks and even longer to order our food. After thirty minutes no food appeared and we had to chase our waiter to hurry along as we had two young children who were hungry and tired. The starters did arrive but by that time we had given up and lost all interest. We informed the duty manager that we were going and were not paying for the drinks and the starters.

Do not go here,particularly as you will be paying a high price for rotten service. As for the food we saw very little of it!

Frank F, General Manager at Sea Island Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We work hard to provide extraordinary service to all our patrons, and it is evident that your service experience was not up to our standards. I have spoken to our Restaurant Manager regarding your comments so that the wait service team and kitchen team know where to improve their standards. I know that it does not help to know that these types of negative experiences are limited, but I do hope that the reparations our team provided gave some amount of satisfaction. We hope to have the opportunity to make amends in service upon your next visit to Charleston.

Frank Fredericks
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Couldn't get coffee right”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We ordered the breakfast buffet, for the money, eggs and bacon, and grits, REALLY

Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Contary opinion”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I waited a week just to make sure I didn't post something I regretted. But a week later this meal remains our worst family food experience in 7 years. Service was horrible. I'm talking 45 minutes for food with only 2 tables being used in the restaurant. No drink service while we waited. Is it that hard to tell us it will be a while and refill water/ice tea glasses? I had to get up 3 times to ask the maitre'd to find our waiter. The manager on duty came out the third time and offerred no apologies. Just help slam the dinner down and left and soon as she could. Food portions were ridicolously small. My shrimp and grits had one (YES, only 1) shrimp on it. By that point I was too tired and frustrated to bring it up with our waiter. My son's salmon was the size of 3 of my fingers. Other son's burger was burnt. Even if I wanted to complain we never saw him again. I had to get the bus boy to bring another tea. We waited 10 mintes after we were done for the check and I finally got up and asked for it. The resort is nice as you will see from my 4 star rating of it. But this restaurant...NEVER, NEVER again. Like I said, worst eating experience in 7 years.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
, Manager at Sea Island Grill Restaurant, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
First and foremost, we do regret that your dining experience with us was not exceptional, as that is the caliber of experience we strive to provide each of our diners. We do sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Throughout all of our resort restaurants, we strive for attentive and friendly service and the best quality of food – ensuring that we are incorporating the best products available with a focus on fresh, local and sustainable ingredients – and presentation of dishes.

As a result of your valuable insights, our Resort Executive Chef, Thomas McKinney-Stehr, shared your review with our Kitchen Management Team, and we have addressed these issues for future diners. We hope you will consider dining with us again in the future with this mind.

Again, thank you for your genuine feedback.

Frank Fredericks