“Best Massage ever plus outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 15 Attractions in Isle of Palms
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Best Massage ever plus outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I VERY highly recommend asking for Regine for a massage at Beach House Spa.

While visiting in Isle of Palms I over exerted myself and decided to get a massage for relief. I called Bill, the owner, and asked if they happened to have an opening in the next hour or two. I really didn't expect him to be able to help, not on such short notice. Bill said he would call an employee who had just left for the day and see if should could come back in.

Bill called me back promptly and Regine turned around and came back in. Regine was already waiting for me when I got to the spa. She didn't seem to be put out at all by coming back in. She and Bill were both very friendly and the small building has a pleasant atmosphere.

The word for Regine is Awesome! I have to say that she gave me the best massage I have EVER had. This is especially impressive given that she had never worked on me before. I had requested a 90 minute massage. The room had a relaxing atmosphere. The massage table was very comfortable and could be heated which I loved.

Regine has a talent for listening to what your body is telling her. She skillfully adjusted her technique to address my particular situation. When my muscles didn't loosen up at first, she modified her technique and added some heat therapy which really helped. I think I started drifting off to sleep a couple of times before she was done!

After my massage Bill and I visited for a little bit. As other reviews have mentioned the spa is in a small building. I almost drive past it at first. Don't let the size fool you. The building sort of gives it a beach front bungalow atmosphere, but it does not reduce the service you will receive.

Visited May 2014

Columbia, South Carolina
“A+ Small spa with wonderful service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I definitely want to come back. It was worth the drive from downtown Charleston, and I was glad I didn't make the mistake of paying more at a pricey downtown hotel spa for less personal attention. Bill, the owner, is very nice and made me feel as a customer that I was top priority.

I had several services, including a massage and facial. All services were outstanding. Laura and Sharon both clearly know what they are doing. It's a challenge for me to relax, but during my massage with Laura, I was surprised at how quickly I did relax. Sharon explained a lot about what she was doing for my facial and how it worked for my sensitive skin, which I really appreciated.

This is a small building, which I found to be no barrier to relaxing whatsoever. There isn't really a "waiting room", but then there isn't really a wait. The treatment rooms are appropriately appointed to help you relax in terms of lighting, aromatherapy, decor, etc. If you are used to larger spas or chain spas, you may be expecting a place to shower afterward, but there didn't appear to be one available. Regardless I found the services so excellent I did not care about taking a shower afterwards.

Thanks very much to Bill, Laura, and Sharon for a great treat!

Visited October 2013
Centreville, Virginia
92 attraction reviews
“A relaxing encounter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The staffs and owner were all nice and accommodating.The massage experience was very relaxing and soothing.
Come and stop by at the end of a very long and hot day at the beach. You will not regret.

Visited August 2013
Virginia
“You MUST stop here :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

If I could give 10 stars I would! This is my families second year using Beach House Spa and it was an even better experience this year than last! My very generous mother got the idea to book massages for our family of 8 to surprise them on our week long vacation at Isle of Palms. We called about two months in advance and spoke with Bill the owner. He was very accommodating and took pre-payment and said we could just call throughout the week when we arrived to book for each person. Our massages were incredible, Jennifer and Laura are incredible at what they do! This year when we came in, Bill treated us like old friends and made sure we had five star treatment! A few of the girls also experienced facials this year and WOW was their esthetician fabulous! We look forward to these spa treatments every year now on vacation and can't wait to come back next year!

Side note* It's a very quaint little building from the outside, don't let that discourage you from trying it out! The spa is clean, calming, and has an intimate feel about it. I can guarantee you wouldn't receive this great of service at a large resort spa! If you don't stop here while you're visiting IOP or even Charleston, you are missing out!!

Visited July 2013
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“great services, friendly and attentive staff and owner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sharon is a stellar aesthetician and so knowledgeable. I have had many facials and she is the real deal.She knows as much about facials/skin care as most dermatologists. Think her RN experience adds to her cache. Very homey atmosphere. Owner is great-so friendly and aims to please.

Visited March 2013