“Romance and Relaxation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Denmark, South Carolina
“Romance and Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We went there to celebrate my 26th birthday. I was just blown away. For it to be so reasonably priced, I was in awe. Everything was absolutely exquisite; you will be blown away by the sheer beauty and overall ambiance! My partner and I will be back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Every room is great...seriously.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed during Thanksgiving weekend and had a wonderful time! From the annual golf cart parade to a late dinner at the Sea Island Grill, every experience was fantastic. The resort has everything a family could want during their vacation. (tennis, golfing, biking, etc.) And the staff was professional, pleasant and ready to serve at a moment's notice. We will be back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greer, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Having a tennis statewide event there for the last 6 years has been a pleasure. The staff is professional, friendly, accommodating to all our needs making all participants feel at home. The lodging has always been excellent with friendly and professional staff assisting with any needs. I have also attended 2 business meetings and have found them to meet and excede all expectations. A great place for meetings, events or just a vacation. Highly recommend Wild Dunes.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the Boardwalk, in the surrounding areas of the tennis courts, in the hotel, and sev...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a wonderful time at Thanksgiving this year. The weather was perfect and the stay was all we could wish for. We have been going to Wild Dunes for about 24 years. Had a little trouble with the lodging last year but Wild Dunes got on it and everything was perfect this year.

I would recommend this vacation place because the staff took time to resolve the issues and that does not happen very much these days.

The lodging was clean and maintained and everyone at the resort that we came into contact with was helpful. No issue went unsolved to the point that I had a call from the resort waiting for me when I arrived home.

The beach is clean and beautiful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

What I love most about the Wild Dunes aside from the great customer service is the location. It's located away from the city, yet so close to everything. The nearby town Mt.Pleasent right over the bridge has everything you need shops, dining, etc. It's only a short drive into Charleston as well. The only thing I would say is a slight hassle could be the parking. Not much of it. We were there for a week during the first part and it was effortless to find a place to park. Yet because I felt like royalty that week I still insisted to valet, ignoring my wife’s suggestion to simply park in one of the open spaces ;). However during the weekend more guests arrived and valet seemed to be a necessity. Great Place overall and we will be back and will also consider ownership someday!!

Room Tip: The best rooms in the Village are on the 3rd floor the have the biggest balconies
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I chose Wild Dunes to experience our 10th Anniversary because of the relaxed and genuine TLC given at Wild Dunes. The ambiance is rich and tranquil while the staff is at your call. the rooms are "roomy", very clean, looks like remodeled, bath and shower are 5 star: mattress is king sign and plush (exactly what a traveler requires for a good nights restful sleep) and the view from the 4th and 5 th floor over the pool (you must request) are spectacular! The food on the property is outstanding. Staff "knows" you at check. Nice

Room Tip: ask for 4th or 5th floor over the pool with a view of the ocean
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
charlotte, nc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband, son and I along with some friends visited this resort on a warm weekend in December. Wild Dunes resort is a beautiful and well kept resort. We rented a two bedroom condo with an ocean view. The condo was well kept, clean, and had great amenities.
My only complaint was that upon check out, we were told we could not use one of the resort's trolleys to carry our luggage down; despite the fact that we had an infant and a lot of luggage. It ended up taking us over 30 minutes to load our car with all of the trips up and down the elevator with an infant and without a luggage trolley. When we complained at check out, the staff seemed indifferent.

Despite the minor trolley issue, we were extremely happy with our stay and we plan on coming back in the spring or summer!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wild Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wild Dunes Resort

Address: 5757 Palm Boulevard, Isle of Palms, SC 29451-2734
Location: United States > South Carolina > Coastal South Carolina > Isle of Palms
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Hotel Class:4 star — Wild Dunes Resort 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Odigeo, Travelocity, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Wild Dunes Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wild Dunes Hotel Isle Of Palms

If you own or manage Wild Dunes Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.