“Extra Ordinary Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Extra Ordinary Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Called for reservations and Katie got me into a condo that was so exceptional. Luxurious king bed and the bathroom was as large as a normal master bedroom. Bathroom had a large bath and a full shower with double sinks. Very comfortable sofa and two flat screens over looking the ocean. Great way to end a day and WOW to wake up, get my coffee and paper, sit on the porch and enjoy life! Aaron was very accommodating at the front desk and check in. Breakfast and dinner around and a full size refrigerator if you choose to cook your own. Wireless had great range.

Room Tip: Ask for Aaron to hook you up with a room on the 3rd floor facing the ocean and you must have a balco...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
Dundee, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We just returned from our daughter's wedding at Wild Dunes Resort. Melissa Moxley, the Catering Sales Manager that we worked with is fantastic! The rehearsal dinner was held there as well and was wonderful. If you are considering doing a wedding near the ocean, go to Wild Dunes. The food was perfect, the staff helpful and generous with their time, the salon there was the best as well. It was just PERFECT! Call Melissa, she's the best.

Room Tip: We rented a three bedroom condo. We had 6 adults and one child and it was great!..clean comfortable...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Encinitas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Very marginal service. Rooms were nice but the service was very marginal across the board. Sent a long note top the manager and all I received back was basically a form letter thanking me for my input.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Pasadena
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I took my niece and her family to Wild Dunes for spring break and we stayed in a two bedroom suite in the Village. It was great to have a fully stocked kitchen so we didn't have to go out for every meal and nice to have a living room area separate from the spacious bedrooms. The staff was pleasant and helpful with restaurant recommendations, the resort amenities were nice and everyone loved the beach. It's close enough to Charleston to be convenient, but you still have the resort experience. Everyone loved it so much, we'll be back next year.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Bassett, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

The resort was awesome and met and exceeded all of my expectations. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The resort if absolutely breathtaking. The room was very comfortable and the food was excellent. I will most certainly return to Wild Dunes Resort in the near future.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was so happy to have plan my big birthday girls get away to Charleston, SC. I wanted something on the beach yet close enough to Charleston, SC to enjoy the beautiful city and great food. After doing much research I decided Wild Dunes would give me the two things I was looking for. Check in at the resort gave me the impression that "this place is beautiful". Little did I know that the villas/condos were not as impressive - Let’s just say that what you see on the website is not always what you will get!!! The villa in Seascape (3rd floor) that we stayed in was not what the website pictures showed. I was so disappointed. The huge water stain in the ceiling of the master bedroom, the torn screen door, children’s hand prints on the cocktail table, sliding door windows and children snacks dropping on the floor were just a few things we came upon. The screen door was broken and did not close and we had to have house maintenance come to the room and fix-it. The second bedroom had a heavy mildew smell so we went to local store to purchase some Frebreeze. My mistake I did not complain at the time of my stay because I did not want to give another NY a bad rap for complaining. If I did perhaps I would have gotten a “cleaner room”. I definitely will go back to Charleston, SC to visit but my visit will not include another stay at Wild Dunes.

I

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I always stay at the Boardwalk and love it, this time it was booked, stayed at the village, I loved having the space and comfort, it was great. I will be back soon.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny, loved this 2 bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Wild Dunes Resort? Share your experiences!