“Fun place for dining and...” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Continental, Eclectic
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fun place for dining and...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

Fun place for dining and drinking at the beach.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“One of my favorite restaurants in the Charleston area. Love the view, especially at night at the candle-lit tables...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

One of my favorite restaurants in the Charleston area. Love the view, especially at night at the candle-lit tables. Great seafood and steaks and love the black beans and rice as a side. Good drinks and sometimes you feel Ernest Hemingway is in some way looking over the restaurant.

Southern Minnesota
“What a Great Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

After reading the reviews and looking at the website, my husband and I knew we had to try Huck's while we were staying on Isle of Palms. And it was even better than we had expected! The service was exceptional....everyone was very friendly seemed genuinely glad we were there.

We were there for lunch (and were only saddened by the fact that we didn't have time to go back for another meal), on a beautiful sunny day in February and found the dining room warm and inviting. I had the maple roasted ham sandwich and my husband had the hamburger. Both were delicious, very well prepared and nicely presented. And the accompanying potato salad was fabulous!

We would definitely return to Huck's and highly recommend it to anyone who wants a great meal in comfortably stylish surroundings.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Yummy!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

I loved this place. I am a resident of IOP. We have many excellent restaurants on the Island, however, this is such an awesome addition I am thrilled!! The food was great, I had the buttermilk fried chicken with mashed sweet potatoes. YUMMY!! I will be visiting Huck's for many years to come.

Isle of Palms, SC
“You are a moron if you visit IoP and don't eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

Hucks is for me a true convention-smashing experience.

I had trouble selecting something from the menu (bison was out), and our waiter recommended the apple squash risotto + scallops. Result? Well, I have NEVER in my life demanded that all of my dinner companions sample a bite of my food, but I sure as hell did last night. The consensus was that it was amazing. I tasted that risotto for the rest of the evening (after wine, creme brulee, and Guinness ice cream) and I awoke this morning with a gustation echo ringing in my mouth.

Also of note were my wife's filet & bleu cheese risotto special. While I strongly dislike the moldy taste of bleu cheese, I found in her risotto an enjoyable balance of taste and texture. Evidently context can make anything good.

I must also say that I do not enjoy custard in general and creme brulee in particular. After a taste of my wife's dessert, however, I eyed it jealously for the remainder of our final course. I doubt any other creme brulee will surpass it.