“Beautiful Hotel sitting on the sand at an affordable price!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Seaside Inn to your Saves list
Seaside Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1004 Ocean Blvd., Isle of Palms, SC 29451   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isle of Palms
“Beautiful Hotel sitting on the sand at an affordable price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We found this hotel years ago when we stopped at the visitor center at SC state line. What a treasure we uncovered.
Wish I could keep it a secret, but they are so awesome, I just have to share a review.
Breathtaking location, listening to the waves crash while your head is on the bed pillow! Watching the dolphins swim by while sunbathing on their private deck.
Hotel staff is always welcoming, professional and courteous while offering dining tips, sight seeing ideas.
Entire hotel was recently remodeled and is even better than before.
Linens are always fresh and clean, grounds maintained daily.
Free breakfast has been upgraded to include hot eggs and sausage along with fresh made pancakes.
Just wish I could visit more often.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side (right side facing hotel) can be loud because of the VFW.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time share your experience. All your kind words about our staff, the property, the breakfast, and so on are all wonderful to hear. We try very hard to make sure every guests shares your experience. Thank you again for staying with us and come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I brought the kids here for three days and we absolutely loved it! We loved the room the staff the view the breakfast everything was wonderful. I honestly do not understand the negative comments about this hotel. If you come to the Seaside in expecting five star dinners and mints on your pillows then this isn't the place for you. It's a laid-back island they treat you wonderful and I will go back in a heartbeat. These bad reviews are just not correct! Thanks for taking care of me and my family will see you soon!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for review and choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure having your family here and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on customer service, cleanliness, and making sure each and every guest enjoys their time here and it sounds like we met that goal with your family. Thanks for the kind words and hurry back!!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Checked into the hotel mainly because of the great proximity to the beach. We were greeted by the friendly hostess but, when we arrived at the room our opinions quickly changed. The pillow case had a old yellow stain, the sheets had hair on them, and the carpet had a nasty red stain. The beach was nice, and the pool was small, but very clean. The shower overflowed within 5 minutes, because the drain was previously backed up. The room was dirty, the floor had mold on it, and the carpets were stained. We canceled the rest of our stay immediately and left.
Ps. As we checked out, another guest was complaining about a non-functioning toilet. This place certainly has cleanliness, and maintenance problems.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Since your stay we have made several personnel changes as what you described is obviously not what our guests usually experience. With all the sand that gets washed off in the showers, the drains do clog more frequently than we would like. We now have the proper cleaning folks in place and our staff is refocused on cleanliness above all else. Feel free to call me directly to discuss your stay further and how we can make this right for you. Thank you.
West Bend, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel has a great location on the water, by overpriced yet decent restaurants, next to a fun bar, and near Charleston. But overall it was a big disappointment; however it shouldn't have been because the other reviews warned me.

The price, while not high, was not worth the value. My room ($165) was a "partial ocean view" but from inside the room (which has a very narrow window) you can't see the ocean unless you are peering directly outside in front of the glass. That's when my eyes became fixated at the dust on the blinds rather than the seashore. Pray for a nice day so you can see the shore while sitting on the SHARED balcony.

The picture of the room on their website looks better than reality. The web picture looks rather bright and contemporary, but the room was dark and the quality of the bedding, towels, and overall maintenance is poor. The towels were such a dingy gray I used only the best hand towel for my entire body. The carpeting looked dirty and the thin bedspread just felt yucky. Fortunately the sheets and pillow cases seemed fresh but the cheap pillows were truly lumpy. Someone has done rather shoddy maintenance in the past. The walls are poorly retouched.

Fortunately, I'm not big on breakfast. Coffee and fruit will do but the Delicious apples were bruised and mealy. Pretty basic.

This was simply not a good place for me to fall asleep after a hectic day on the road. Only problem is I couldn't find any reasonable options for myself nearby. This might be a value for a group of people sharing the room, but for a solo traveler, no way. I was hoping to find some peace along the shore; instead I found the place depressing.

Room Tip: Ask for the second or third floor room to get a decent view away from the buildings next door.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for staying with us. We fully understand we cannot meet all our guests expectations but as you know people are more apt to take the time and place a bad review than a good one. That being said we have many more positive reviews than negative and are ranked #2 compared to other island hotels. I do apologize if there dust on the blinds. I did notice by the other two reviews you posted you were also not happy with the Windjammer and Acme Lowcountry Kitchen, which are always ranked on the best of Charleston list every year. Apparently the Isle of Palms was not your cup of tea but I would certainly like you come back and give us another try.
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To begin on a positive note, you can't beat the location of this hotel - right on the beach, with a great view if you book one of their ocean view rooms, and on the same street as a number of little restaurants and shops.

Unfortunately, this is where the good part ends. We had booked an ocean view room, which had a semi-private balcony (shared with the room next door) and almost immediately noticed the problems with cleanliness: Bits of paper and other debris on the floor and carpet, lots of dirt on the floor around the beat-up mini-fridge (obviously had not been cleaned in quite some time), very dirty vent on the a/c unit (ditto), grime on the phone and clock radio (ditto), rust (I hope!) on the shower head, bird poop on the deck chairs and the table between the chairs had a thick layer of dirt. However, since the bed and bathroom appeared to be otherwise okay (plus we were meeting other family members staying at this hotel) we opted to stay despite the issues. The following morning we spoke to the front desk, and the clerk was apologetic and assured us the problems would be taken care of.

We left for the day, and upon our return around 5:30 p.m. found that not only had most of the problems not been taken care of, our room had had NO housekeeping service AT ALL! (The exception was that the deck chairs and table were cleaned off - this was the responsibility of maintenance rather than housekeeping.) We called the front desk, only to learn that the housekeepers were gone for the day. The clerk on duty, Keri (who actually seemed to care!) brought clean towels to our room, and we walked her through to point out some of the dirty problems - she actually took some pics, which she said she would send to the general manager.

After Keri left, we also discovered that the television didn't work - somehow the cable connection on the back of the set had been broken off. Another call to the front desk, only to learn that maintenance staff we also gone for the day, so a fix would not be available until tomorrow.

The following day, maintenance fixed the television and housekeeping did come to clean our room. The floors and rug looked better, although there were still unvacuumed bits under the bed, end tables, and so forth. In general, housekeeping was sloppy, with no attention to detail. (Example: I noticed a hair on the sink backsplash in the bathroom, which was one of ours, so not really yucky, but that same hair remained in place throughout our 4-night stay.)

We asked for, and received, partial compensation for our first night for the broken television and lack of housekeeping. However, this is not enough for me to be willing to stay there again, or to recommend this hotel. My impression is that there are some systemic problems at this place that will probably not be remedied by occasional guest complaints. Although Seaside Inn's rates were somewhat lower than other properties, my opinion is that it is well worth it to spend a bit more and stay elsewhere, so you can relax and enjoy this lovely coastal area without encountering various unnecessary headaches.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I would like to say after reading your review I could not be more disappointed in our housekeeping department. Since your visit we have made some personnel changes as the cleanliness issues you mentioned are obviously unacceptable. I know you said you would probably not choose to stay with us again but if you find yourself back this way again, please call me directly at 1-843-886-7000 and I will do whatever I can to ensure you enjoy your stay and we meet your expectations.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately, I tried to book a last minute trip to see my son at college during the same weekend as the Ravenel Bridge Run and so was at the mercy of the travel gods. The Seaside Inn had a great rate (unlike paying over 300/night in town) and was on the beach. The ad said "newly renovated" and most reviewers stated it was clean, which it was. I can deal with a sub par hotel, if it's clean and in a safe neighborhood, but there were other mitigating factors that will keep my review from making this an "average" hotel. I arrived at 10:30pm after a 5 hour flight delay! They then give me the room right next to the disco where I got subjected to the bass beat and young, drunk girls screaming, "I'm so drunk!!" When it ended at 2am, I slept peacefully in my clean bed. It was an average bed with an average mattress...no fluffy comforters like in most chain hotels. In the morning I walked out to the beach, which was the highlight of the trip. However, when I took a nice warm shower, I dried with a towel that felt like a burlap sack...no fluff and not very big (think hospital/industrial towel). They gladly switched my room for night two, but it was at the front of the hotel where a drunk couple decided to fight until 3am regarding who cheated on whom at the bar! Really!? I opened the door and yelled at them, but it didn't do too much good until I heard one of them walk away dragging their luggage behind them...guess that relationship finally ended, too bad it wasn't at 11pm! So, what's the good? It's near two great restaurants and possibly a few more...have breakfast at the Acme...you will NOT regret that move. However, look for another place to rest your head...if rest is your intent.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view on the left side of the hotel
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us sharing your experience. In reading your review you said our rooms were clean, we are a great value, and close to good restaurants. It is true we are right next to the famous Windjammer which hosts many musical events which is one thing that adds to the flavor of the Island. They are required to stop playing at a certain time each night as not to be making noise late into the night. I feel good we did our best to rectify the issue by giving you another room. It is unfortunate we cannot control the actions of others, but had our staff known of the guests you were having issues with we could have helped. It seems you did not so much have an issue with our Inn, rather loud and inconsiderate people. I do hope you visit again as what you experienced with the people you encountered is certainly not normal at the Seaside Inn.
Des Moines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

Annual girls trip, but very disappointing. We were excited to find a reasonably priced hotel in this location. Reviews mentioned they were small but recently renovated. First let me say the office staff was always helpful. First room smelled bad like it may have been a smoking room at some point and over used cleaner to cover smell. Staff gave us another room, but had a location further from beach. One bed had a sheet with something on it, rug hadn't been swept, microwave was disgusting, and bathroom floor was dirty. DEFINITELY not renovated with broken tile in the shower. We only asked for new sheet and took care of rest since we had already asked for a different room. In room Internet worked maybe twice during our 4 night stay. we complained several times and we're always told it was being fixed. Other guests were having same problem

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2015
Thank for your review. It sounds like we fell short on meeting your expectations and I sincerely apologize for that. I have reviewed the items mentioned with my staff and will use your comments as a motivation to improve and meet expectations EVERY time. Please feel free to call me directly and I would be glad to speak with you directly. I can be reached at 1-843-886-7000. Hope to speak with you soon.

Been to Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!