“Depending on Pickiness” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Baroda, Michigan
“Depending on Pickiness”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful area. Breakfast had a few things. Man at front desk nice & helpful. The rooms had sum upgrades. It had a refrigerator & microwave, no bathtub....was so ready for a bath for how cold it was. Small rooms but it has all u need. The blanket was not my fav, but I slept well. We had a back corner room so a view of the local bar which looked like a happening place for a Friday night. We only stayed 1 night and got there late and checked out early but the views at the front of hotel were amazing. Hotel has few parking spots, so you might have to park on the street. We got lucky and didn't but we got the last 1 of it seemed to be 6 total. If u want a big fancy room this is not for you. If you want a place near some historical sites & want to relax on the beach or in the pool that is away from the big crowd then I'd say this is the 1 for u. I noticed on the strip they had restaurants and shopping. For off season the price was great comparing to others that were priced the same and didn't have an ocean view. Oh and parking fee is only when its in season so our November 2014 parking was free.

Room Tip: ask for front ocean view if u want that otherwise you'll get a side sliver view.
Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review. Your evaluation of our Inn is very accurate. We are not a big fancy hotel but rather a small 51 room Inn oceanfront at a great value within walking distance to great restaurants and shopping. We pride ourselves on customer service, clean rooms, and making sure each and every guest enjoys their time here. Thank you for staying and come back soon!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Gallatin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband an I had one of the ocean front rooms....the view was fantastic . It was so peaceful away from the rest of the hotel. The private balcony with the higher chairs was great. A nice place was watch the sunrise. The room has been updated with modern colors and super nice. The bed was the best part....king size and super comfortable. For us the walkin shower was great. At our age safety is a big plus. We would love to come back here when we have more time for a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I am so pleased you found everything comfortable and enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back soon!
Murray, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were in town for a November wedding and wanted an ocean view room with easy beach access. This was a great choice for us. The fact that there are only 2 ocean facing rooms on the top floor made this a very quiet, private, stay, and the fact that the maids did NOT come trouncing by our room with vacuums early in the morning, nor knock on our door, was an added plus. The room is comfortable, well conceived--though not overly large--with a spacious balcony and excellent views. Staff was friendly and helpful, and yielded great suggestions for local restaurants, etc. Parking under the hotel and street-side is limited, but there is a designated overflow lot a short walk away. There was a condo a couple of doors down that blared lively music, but that ended right at midnight. Also, this is not a complaint, but a caution to anyone with elevator phobias--the groomsman holding the tuxes got stuck between floors on the hotel's elevator on the way to the venue for pre-wedding photos. He used his cell phone to call the office, and to the credit of the staff, a maintenance man had the elevator working again within 10 minutes. As we checked out the next day (we were graciously allowed a late checkout) the maintenance man made of a point of telling us they had an inspector there to check the equipment. Definitely would stay at Seaside in an oceanview room again.

Room Tip: Spring for the oceanfront rooms--worth every penny.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your review. It sounds like we met all your expectations with our rooms, customer service, housekeeping, and amenities. I do apologize for the elevator stopping between floors but I am glad to hear we responded quickly and to your satisfaction. Hope to see you again soon!
Brattleboro, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We spent 3 nights here in September. I went for one of the ocean view rooms and it was worth the extra money. The ocean view rooms have their own chairs on the porch, which are sort of high adirondacks, with a cup holder.

In the mornings I liked to go down to the lobby and get a cup of coffee and sit in the chair and drink it.

We arrived on a rainy night and the woman at the desk was very pleasant and told us of a restaurant within walking distance.

I loved the beach. i'd go again.

Only complaint is that we had a non-smoking room. I think the whole building may be non-smoking. But the women in the next unit would stand right next to our unit and smoke.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for sharing your review. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing stay at the beach which is awesome! I wish I could have done something about the rain but I am glad we were able to help you find a good place to eat close by. Thanks for staying and we hope to see you back soon.
Blackstock, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After driving approx 8 hours to get to Isle of Palms, was very disappointed in the dirty rooms. I had checked in at 9pm, went to my room, was meet by several stains on the blanket. As I looked around I quickly noticed hair in several places, mold in shower, dirt and blood splatter on back of toilet, and toothpaste splatter on bathroom faucet. I went back to desk and was given a second room. Upon entering this room wasn't much better. More hair on this floor, stains on bathroom faucet, smeared dirt in shower, mold in shower, and finger prints and dirt on microwave. The granite in room had stains that could have been easily wiped up, and hair on the bed. The roomS were renovated but we're not done very well. You could tell where they tried. The Inn is very close to other buildings, which someone was partying it up pretty late. You could hear conversations from that building, inside the hotel room. I stayed the night, because by this point it was late, I was alone and tired. I called Expedia immediately and they helped me make different arrangements for the next night in Charleston. I slept with my clothes and shoes on and left promptly in the morning. Staff was ok, not super nice or apologetic. Expedia had called that night and confirmed what was going on and that I wouldn't be charged for two nights. Luckily I stopped by the front desk to confirm this before I left, the girl at the desk said no one had called. I know they did because I was on hold as they called the front desk. For the price of the room, I expected much more. Unfortunately my first time visit to Isle of Palms wasn't so pleasant. It seems like a fun place I would like to visit again, but definitely not stay here!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Let me start by saying I apologize as the items you mentioned are of course not normal or tolerated. I hate you left the Seaside Inn feeling the way you do. I would like to speak with you personally about your stay. Please call me directly at 1-843-886-7000 at your convenience so I can remedy our shortcomings. Thank you!
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We made a short visit to the Isle of Palms in hopes of finding a reasonably priced hotel on the ocean. After consulting Expedia, we decided on the Seaside Inn. Upon arrival, the desk clerk, Shane, efficiently found our reservation and made sure we had a room on the East side away from the bar on the west side. The room was a little dated but was clean and neat. The drain in the shower was stopped up one morning and someone was there to fix it within minutes. Tanya and Shane at the front desk were always courteous and helpful.

Room Tip: East side is away from the bar next door. Double bed room is very crowded.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are glad you did. It is good to hear you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our staffs service and efficiency. I do apologize for the shower drain getting clogged but glad we were able to get it fixed quickly and to your satisfaction. Thanks for sharing your review and please come back soon!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked two nights through the welcome center in Charleston. It is located on the oceanfront in Isle of Palms. The building is 3 stories and has an extremely small pool on the roof of the front lobby (a condition floor). Obviously it was too cold for us to use the pool during our stay however, if you are able to use it during your stay, it is more of a dipping pool because of its size.

Our room cost came to $167 a night (including taxes), which is outrageous considering it is the off season. Also, even though we were supposed to be getting a great deal through the welcome center, the front desk lady was quoting lower rates when we arrived. We received a "partial view". Which was no view at all from the tiny window in room 312. You could see a bit of the ocean if you stepped out onto the walkway. The hotel says you have a "shared balcony". Not really. This is an older hotel that has been recently renovated (see below on renovations) and the rooms are all accessed from the outside. The "shared balcony" is actually the outdoor walkway although there is a deck on the first floor the you can go to that is shared by everyone. Don't pay for a partial view. Either get the oceanfront room or get the no view room and walk down the walkway.

RENOVATIONS: The rooms are EXTREMELY small but the renovations that were made utilized every bit of spare space wisely. The floors are a pretty laminate made to look like white wash wood. The beds and linens are very comfortable. Granite counters for the desk and kitchenette (microwave/coffee maker/mini refrigerator - with separate freezer). Flat screen TV, a few drawers and a open front closet. The bathroom is tiled along with a tiled shower that made the bath feel larger than it was. Whoever designed the renovations should be commended for using every square foot of space to its beat advantage.

BREAKFAST: Go out to eat. It consisted of microwave egg something mixed with sausage crumbles and toaat. Coffee was not very good either.

PARKING: Very few spaces on hotel property available. Street parking was free because it was the off season but fills up at niggt because of the restaurants. We went out to eat and then had to park 3 blocks away and walk in the rain, after dark to the hotel.

Overall: Staff was friendly, elevator broke one morning but staff had it fixed within an hour. Because of the room size, location and amenities, this hotel would be great for $60 night during the off season and $150 during peak. Any more than that and I would suggest typing "nightly lodging isle of palms" into Google and getting yourself a 2 bedroom condo for the night.

• Stayed November 2014
Thanks for your review. Your comments about the rooms are most helpful. We really did try to utilize the space the best we could because our rooms are smaller than most. I know you mentioned the rate was too high as you feel it is off season, but through the end of November the weather is still very nice and some people feel that is the time to come as it is not as crowded. The rates are set according to our market and if you search for an oceanfront option on the Isle of Palms you will likely not find a less expensive option that will allow you to stay one night at a time. We do appreciate your comments and thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Been to Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!