“Remodeled??? Really???” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Isle of Palms
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“Remodeled??? Really???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel website said the hotel had completed their remodeling inside and out. That's interesting since there was missing grout in the bathroom shower (with uneven tile in floor of shower), chipping paint off the bathroom door, bed was so uncomfortable my neck and lower back ached every morning. I seriously believe they let the staff do the work. It was so bad. Then, at 8:30 one morning, we were woken up by drills and saws outside our door. Had to go to the office to get them to stop.
They charge you for parking each day even if you park under the hotel in those few spaces. Breakfast was put up early every morning I went down.
Rooms very small, no where to put your stuff really, bathroom tiny with little to no shelving or towel racks.
I thought this would be better than the Palms, but I was sadly proven wrong.

Room Tip: Don't do oceanfront or you will have everyone in the hotel congregating outside your door becaus...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your review. It is true the rooms were all remodeled. The bathrooms were also completed with new walls, shelves, mirror, and towel bars. The bathroom tile was done only if needed. I have looked at the bathroom in the room and there was a tile that was not level with rest, we have since replaced the tile. I am sorry you felt the bed was not comfortable as most our guests think our beds are very comfortable as some past reviews reflect. We do charge $5 per day for parking. The other option would be to pay the City parking fee of $1.00 per hour but most guests feel our parking fee is more than fair. I hope you enjoyed your time while you were in town and I do hope you will stay with us again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Room was comfortable and even though it wasn't oceanfront view you could still view the ocean. Clean beach right behind hotel. The friendliest staff ever from the minute we checked in. The staff who cleaned the rooms were pleasant and helpful. All the staff showed us wonderful southern hospitality. Thank you!

• Stayed September 2014
Thank you for the kind words about our Inn and the wonderful compliments about our staff. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone as that is our goal to make every guest feel the way you did during your stay. We all hope to see you again soon and thank you for staying with us.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

One of the reviewers said this was the ONLY hotel on the beach in the Isle of Palms--it is not, there's one just a building down, The Palms. I would love to have been able to try this one as well, to make a comparison. I suspect it might be a smidgen nicer, as I believe Seaside is a 2-star and The Palms is a 3-star. And The Palms was a few dollars more. However, if what you want is an affordable hotel on the beach, Seaside is a good choice.

There were several "technical" problems--the door was very difficult to open and required a magic kind of handle-flip that one of the housekeeper showed us--but it became a running joke for us. The door had no peep-hole, which I suppose wasn't necessary, since there's a window to the outside, but it also had no security latch and we weren't sure the deadbolt was actually turning (room 205). One of the cords for the window blinds was broken, but we managed to get the blinds closed manually.

But the bed was comfortable enough and they provided plenty of towels, which is important when you are going back and forth to the beach and perhaps showering more often than usual (and it was Labor Day week that we were there and it was SUPER hot, so even more showering). The refrigerator was one of the coldest we've ever encountered in a hotel, which overall was a good thing--put your leftovers on the lower shelves if you don't want them frozen! It was nice to have the microwave and fridge--good use of space.

The location couldn't be beat. On the beach of course, and in the middle of a couple fun places to go for drinks. There were beach shops across the street where you could rent bikes and paddle boards. But it wasn't a super populated beach area like Virginia or Myrtle Beach. Just the right amount of stuff, and cute restaurants you could walk to. It's also very convenient to the Isle of Palms connector (thus downtown Charleston) and to Sullivan's Island and of course, Mount Pleasant, which are neat areas.

We had a side room, on the second floor and though it would have been nice to have one of the third-floor ocean-front rooms, we weren't really in the room that much. One evening, we sat at the second floor open ocean-front area to eat carry-out, which was fun (we think one of the visitors in the rooms there may not have realized this is a public space...a little awkward). The room was surprisingly quiet considering the bars nearby, but we did have some loud drunken revelers wake us up one night (they weren't in the hotel--out on the street--Happeee Birthday--SHUT UP!!!). In this case, the AC noise was helpful.

The breakfast was pretty good for a 2-star, eggs even. And finally, the people were really nice, from the front desk to housekeeping.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and thought our staff was so accommodating. I hope to see you back next time you are in the Charleston area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

the best customer service from such beautiful people..from the front desk staff to the housekeeping...they will be visited again by us for sure!! Easy access to the best restaurants and bars(the dinghy) were fabulous too!

• Stayed September 2014
Seasideinniop, General Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for your kind words about out staff and the hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff as that is what we strive for every day. We hope to see you again soon and thank you for staying with us!!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We came around Noon and I don't believe check in was until later in the afternoon. The staff offered us a bathroom to change into our swimsuits, bath towels and sunscreen, so we could enjoy the beach while we waited for our room. Later in the afternoon, our room was ready. To thank us for our patience and probably because I was six months pregnant, they offered us a free upgrade to an Oceanside room, which was very thoughtful and a perfect last night to our vacation.

The hotel seemed to be raving online about its recent renovations, but it still had a 1970's feel to it. I would have to agree that the bathrooms were less than ideal in terms of cleanliness and smell. I showered in my flip flops and the shower water got all over the bathroom.

In the end, we did not mind the room and appreciate the complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. This hotel worked for two people, but I would suggest renting a house if you have more people in your party and are staying multiple days.

Room Tip: Ask if you can get upgraded to an Oceanside room if they are available.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you taking the time to share your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The rooms were all recently renovated and it is interesting to hear the different opinions from guests about the rooms feel. We have heard modern, funky, beachy, new wave, Key West, and many others. Now we can add 70's to the list. Thank you for staying with us and best of luck to you both with the new baby!!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

You can't beat the location of this hotel, the staff was very friendly and accomidating and it was very clean. The reason I did not give it 4 stars is because of how the room smelled. I understand that we were by the ocean and the additional moisture but the rooms had a bad musty smell that translated to all of our clothes and belongings. We actually went to a laundry mat after we left to wash our clothes. Without this it would be a great place that I would return to but we will be looking for another place during our next visit.

• Stayed September 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am so glad you found our staff friendly and our hotel very clean. We strive for that result every day. You are exactly right that with the ocean and moisture in the air sometimes results in the room with a "beachy" odor. Guests love to leave the windows and doors open to hear the sound of the ocean and feel the breezes off the water as well. I assure you we will continue to inspect all rooms each day for any issues like you mentioned and I do hope you will come back and see us again. Thanks again for staying with and sharing your experience.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The seaside Inn is a nice hotel at a good price. I would consider seaside Inn at a basic hotel, but it is on the ocean. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The pool and pool area are small, but we mainly go to the beach.

Room Tip: Ocean view is always nice. I liked being on the second floor for easy access to the pool and front o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with and taking the time to post a review. You description of our Inn is a good one. We are a reasonably priced, clean hotel with a wonderful location right on the beach. We hope to see you again real soon and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Been to Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!