The pictures and descriptions are deceiving. Sure, it's a beachfront hotel and the view is amazing. The town itself is crowded, although everyone is friendly. The "rooftop" pool is located in the small building above the office. It is 3.5' deep and measures probably 10 x 10. Four kids under 10 were in it and that left no room for others. Didn't look refreshing either.
The rooms are small. Ours was a 2 queen room. One bed is placed upside the wall, literally. The color cable tv is an 18" tv. My biggest complaint was the smell, filthy floors and the bathroom. It reeked of smoke and mold. The bathroom has floor tile in the shower - not good for a no-slip area. There is mold and rust all over the surfaces due to high moisture and an improperly working fan. Our feet are black from the carpeted area. The blinds are not big enough for the window, allowing light to penetrate. The "shared balcony" is a nice way of saying the long hallway with an open side. Oh, and that's were everyone congregates until all hours of the night with every word and cackle penetrating our room!!
It took 3 trips to the office to get towels today. The continental breakfast is truly that. Don't expect waffles, eggs, or anything else.
To me, you'd be better off staying at a reliable chain hotel and drive to the beach. This wasn't worth the $300+ per night rate we were given. I can't recommend it unless you're coming for the beach and don't plan on showering or sleeping in the room.
- Also Known As:
- Seaside Hotel
- Seaside Hotel Isle Of Palms
- Seaside Inn Isle Of Palms
- Seaside Isle Of Palms
- Seaside Inn Isle Of Palm Sc
- Isle Of Palm Seaside Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Venere, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.