“Good location but lacking otherwise” 2 of 5 stars

You added Seaside Inn to your Saves list
Seaside Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1004 Ocean Blvd., Isle of Palms, SC 29451   |
SC
“Good location but lacking otherwise”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

When we checked in the staff was nice. We needed fresh towels and they responded in less than 5 minutes. That is about all the good I can say. We got stuck on the elevator--only momentarily but let me tell you, that was enough to scare my kids and I from riding again. Our rooms were dirty. I saw a spider crawling around on the table in the room(that was like a TV dinner tray that you would use to watch TV). The TV was SMALL--beyond small really and OLD. The vent in the bathroom did not work. The floor was pretty disgusting. The noise level from the bars around was pretty noisy but at least it did not go late into the night plus we always use a noise machine when we travel. The pool is more like a hot tub and a half. The continental breakfast was pretty anemic. I guess as long as you don't spend much time in the room(we had thought to add another day on to our trip but once we saw the room we just decided to go home instead) you will be ok. It is right on the beach. Oh the parking was an issue. We had to park a little ways away from the hotel which was annoying considering all the stuff we had in tow for the beach. We had two queen beds and they were crammed into the room. For bathroom amenities we got two small bars of soap and a small bottle of conditioning shampoo. If I had known it would be so puny I would have brought stuff from home but for $200 a night I expected better.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view are a better choice--they have a nice balcony but of course are more expens...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Seasideinniop, Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed our customer service. Most guests find our rooms to be clean and comfortable, and our complimentary breakfast to be a delicious and cost effective way to start their morning. We have three convenient options for parking, and right in front of our hotel, we have a loading and unloading zone where most guests park to check in and take their luggage to their room. We take all reviews very seriously and will certainly take yours into consideration, as we continually strive to improve for our valued guests. Thank you.

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
kitchener
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed with my family (four) for two days over the Memorial Day Weekend.Property was very good - location was excellent and the beach is fantastic. Staff at the hotel were extremely nice. The pool is more of a plunge pool in size and we actually never went in once, having the beach in which to swim. I found that the restaraunt choices were limited, so a stay of longer than two or three nights might get tedious if you like home cooking. The rooms are expensive, however, you pay for location. Don't expect an Ocean View, the property runs perpendicular to the beach so the majority of the rooms face a building (left or right). You obviously can see the Ocean once you exit your room but, again, manage your expectation and this is not a problem. It seems to be consistent with most properties on the beach that are built this way, unless you are in a home/condo.
All in all, we had an excellent stay, my girls (6 and 8) loved the beach and had a great time. Don't expect top end room facilities - the hotel is older and it shows. Not intended as a critical comment, just once again, manage your expectations.
Don't expect to park at the hotel directly - very few spots availble underneath the facility. Parking is across the street and they charge a nominal $5 per night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Seasideinniop, Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Seaside Inn. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our ideal location makes Seaside Inn a great option for families who want to experience all the great things Isle of Palms and the Charleston area have to offer. We hope you will return soon! Thank you!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I absolutely loved being by the ocean, out the door from hotel and at the beach. Ronaldo immediately went out of his way and showed us where to park and run with a cart to take our suitcases to our room., if he had not been there we would have not been able to park at the hotel. Shauna treated my friend and I like gold...Matt was also helpful. I will definitely be going back. Thank you guys! You made Monica and Beth's girls days out great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Seasideinniop, Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to review Seaside Inn! Customer service is our priority, and we are so pleased we could help make your "girl's days out" ones to remember! Hopefully you will return again soon!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked a room through Travelocity for 5/25. When arriving at the hotel, after driving 12+ hours, I was told by Shawna, the hotel was OVERBOOKED and my reservation was missing. After showing her my reservation confirmation, she agreed and claimed she 'did not know what happened'. After a very long time, she assisted in finding another hotel.. This was after A LOT of arguing by me and her ability to see I was clearly upset. This in and of itself, is completely unacceptable. Shawna was clearly more interested in other guests than me, although I had a hotel CONFIRMATION! To add to my extreme anger, I was CHARGED by Seaside Inn for this room I COULD NOT STAY IN AFTER A 12 HOUR DRIVE. Once I saw the charge on my credit card, I called Seaside Inn. Heather Grace was extremely rude, kept me on hold for over 20 minutes, and could not offer any help at all. She told ME to call back in the morning to talk to a manager b/c she was unable to assist and did not even offer to have the manager call me (I had to!). Honestly, why even have front desk staff if no one will be accountable?! I don't know how this hotel stays in business. I demand a refund immediately. I'm still sitting with the charge on my credit card for a weekend I did not stay at the hotel.. AND I had to pay for another hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here. Run!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seasideinniop, Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Please allow us to begin by offering our most sincere apologies. A situation such as this is a hotel's worst nightmare, and a terrible experience for any guest to endure. We feel we handled the situation as quickly and as efficiently as possible, considering the circumstances.

We did not immediately know why your reservation was cancelled. After carefully searching our computer system and the internet booking site, as well as interviewing our desk employees, we discovered that there had been some confusion with your reservation. You had booked a room, cancelled it, and then booked again. Unfortunately, our new desk employee, being inexperienced, had mistakenly cancelled both reservations, old and new. We have given this agent specific training regarding this mistake in the hopes that the mistake will not be repeated in the future.
Please understand that your request to "kick someone else out" and "move them instead," was not an acceptable suggestion, even though you did have a confirmation number. It is one thing to cancel a reservation due to an honest mistake, but it is quite another to cancel a reservation purposely. Although we felt terrible about the situation, we did what we thought best, for all parties involved. Please realize, we absolutely did care about you, which is why we worked as quickly and diligently as possible to resolve the problem.

Unfortunately, overbooking occurs at most hotels at one time or another. When a hotel overbooks, it will send the overbooked reservation to the nearest and most comparable hotel property. We worked as quickly as we could to relocate you, and within 30 minutes, had a room for you less than two blocks away, in an oceanfront hotel, in an upgraded room.
When an overbooked hotel sends a guest to an alternate property, it is customary for the overbooked hotel to charge the guest's card, and for the alternate property to bill the overbooked hotel for the room and tax incurred. Unfortunately, both the alternate property and the overbooked hotel charged your card. We did not realize this had occurred until we received your call.
At the time you called regarding the credit card charge, it was 9pm, and our managers were not on property at that time. All refunds must be researched by the manager for approval. Desk agents do not have access to the credit card server, as it holds very sensitive information. As soon as the manager arrived the next morning, the issue was researched and a refund was expedited to the processor. By the time you had written your review, it is likely the refund was already credited to your account.

We really cannot tell you how sorry we are about this entire situation. This is absolutely not the norm for us, and we have taken this issue quite personally. We feel terrible that you have experienced us at our worst, in this terrible string of unfortunate errors. If you are ever in the area, or if you are planning a trip in the near future, please call 888-999-6516 and ask for Shauna or Doug. We would very much like the opportunity to show you our best, and to prove to you that we do care, as customer service is, and always has been, our top priority.
Watertown, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Our room was tiny, definitely not worth the $300 we spent on our room. Our view was only partial ocean view, but had to walk out of our room to view the ocean. The location is good, but not worth the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Seasideinniop, Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. Most guests spend the majority of their time enjoying the beach and historic Charleston, and find the guest rooms to be clean and comfortable. Seaside Inn is unique in that it offers an affordable alternative to other beach rentals in the area, most of which require a minimum stay and hefty deposits. Please feel free to contact our General Manager to discuss your stay at 888-999-6516.
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. (May 11th)

This is an older motel that has been completely remodeled with a modern theme. The rooms are very nicely done. Bathrooms are nice also. Yes, the rooms are a bit small, but who hangs out in the room when you are right on the beach. The beds are very comfy. We had a microwave, fridge and coffee pot in our room. ;) The only issue I had was the Hairdryer was not working, but I had my own in my bag.

Great location. Walking distance to several places to eat & shop. We ate lunch @ Coconut Joe's Beach Grill & Bar. Just a few building down from the Inn.

I also liked their breakfast. I'm not big on big salty breakfasts anymore so it was perfect - Coffee, fruit and a muffin. ;) They have a few different juices to pick from. They even had instant grits you could make. :)

Parking is under the Inn or across the street. Luckily we always found a spot in the garage.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Seasideinniop, Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel. We feel your review is a fair representation of our inn and it's staff. While our rooms are a little cozy, they are clean and comfortable, and our staff is fantastic. We hope you will return soon to experience the ideal location and great customer service!
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here in late April, got an excellent price...you are right on the beach, the room has what you need!! Very nice staff, cute little continental breakfast!! Comfortable kind size beds! The room is not the four seasons yes but it has a nice shower, hairdryer, coffee maker and fridge in room! It was quiet and there was even a ceiling fan in the room which is great for summer sleeping!

Room Tip: ROom on higher floor with ocean view is fabulous!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seasideinniop, Manager at Seaside Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay here at the Seaside Inn. We are one of the only Oceanfront Properties on Isle of Palms that offers affordable rates without any minimum stay requirements! We hope you will return soon and thank you for taking time to review our hotel!

Been to Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!