“Home Run!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Irmo
Ossipee, New Hampshire
“Home Run!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Very friendly, accommodating staff. Excellent meet and greet held on Monday night. Wonderful bedding and pillows. Can't say enough good things about this Residence Inn. Breakfast in the morning is plentiful, hot and the dining area was immaculate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Washington, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Dinner reception started late and you have to beg for drinks, whereas at other Residence Inns you can pour your own or walk up to a bartender; here you have to wait for the sever to appear from behind the door. Breakfast food is cold and sparse. Sink in room my room didn't work; towels (way too many for one person) were piled on the sink, only one receptionist at the desk at 4 p.m. answering the phone and checking in customers while some other person with a Marriott badge wanders the lobby aimlessly. My travelmate said "It's a franchise and Marriott hasn't inspected them yet." I think he's right.

Room Tip: On the back side, road noise is bad at the front
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
McDonough, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

When visiting my bestfriend over the Labor Day weekend my family and I stayed in one of the 2 bedroom units. We were due to arrive 2 hours before check in so I called before we went there and they stated that our room was already ready so we were welcome to check in. Upon arrival she already my keys ready I just had to present a form of payment and drivers license and then head to our room. That even when we return I was setting up the sleeper sofa for my son to sleep on and their was a band-aid stuck to the blanket - totally not acceptable. Then as I proceeded to take a shower that clealiness of the shower left much to be desired. Not at all what I was expecting from an almost new hotel. The following morning for breakfast they had only one person trying to prepare the breakfast buffet area and only one of the waffle makers worked. So needless to say - with everyone having to wait in very long lines for everything- even someone with the patience of Job what start getting a little irritated trying to get her family fed only to get to the front of the line and they are out of everything again. Eventually someone from the front desk came over and tried to help.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Outstanding stay at this relatively new hotel in a suburb of Columbia. It is well worth driving a few minutes from Columbia to enjoy this Residence Inn. This facility has only been open a few months, but the staff clearly are well led and team focused. I could tell the way they helped each other and mutually supported whatever activity they were doing; i.e., evening social, etc. that they had come together to form a winning team. I was fortunate to interact with the General Manager (Andy) and it then became apparent how his infectious enthusiasm was permeating his whole operation. A great place to stay with a number of superb restaurants near the hotel. Also, interacting with the Sales Manager, Kelly was a very pleasant experience in arranging for future business. All in all, a great place to stay, work and relax.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Excellent stay at the Residence Inn Irmo outside of Columbia. I recently stayed at this hotel and loved it. It opened within the last six months and it shows. Some parts of this building still smell of new construction. T

The eating area was quite large. There is no on-site restaurant but there is a cocktail reception with great food. The night I was there it was pasta, salad, texas toast, and warm brownies. There are several draft beer selections and other beverages. I had a Yeungling and a warm brownie. I went to dinner elsewhere because I don't like alfredo sauce. If it was red sauce I would have just stayed in. This is the same area for breakfast which was also a slam dunk. Everything was fresh and tasty. I got some eggs and canadian bacon with a few other items to round out my plate.

The room had a tv that swivels almost 360 degrees. There were lots of outlets by the bed and desk and throughout the room. It's a standard Residence Inn layout but new amenities. The color choices on the couch and walls are something I haven't seen in a Residence Inn yet. The room was quite, clean, and AC worked great. The laundry room has about 8 machines for the DIY guy. That was nice. The staff was great. I had no change on me to do my laundry but they let me cash out the quarters on my bill. Only one other hotel has done that before and most will give you a hard time. I appreciated it. T

The downside is there is some construction outside. I was there during the day and the windows are pretty tight so I couldn't hear it. They said it's going to be a restaurant so once that's done it should be good. The building right next to it are office plazas so it's quiet at night. Easy to get on/off interstate and I thought it was easy to get into Columbia. Parking will probably be bad once that restaurant is built because you can't park 360 around the hotel. For now it's a 5 star.

Nashua, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice so far and both times the staff have all been very friendly and accommodating, especially Kevin (I think that's his name) who helped me carry in luggage since the carts were all occupied. Since the property is new, everything is very clean, modern and well decorated. You can tell the team is still getting used to the flow, but they took good care of anything I needed. Its in a quieter area, but still very close to drive to shopping and restaurants if needed. I've got at least 3 more weeks in that area and I'll gladly stay there each time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel has been open now for 2 month and they are doing everything right so far. The front desk is very friendly when you walk in. The rooms are very clean and up to date. The social hour that they have from Monday to Thursday is great. The staff that work are always willing to serve you. I've been to many Residence Inns through out the US and Canada this hotel goes above and beyond to make sure everything is OK.

I hope they continue to do the same in the future. I will definitely come back here.

Keep up the great work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Columbia Northwest/Harbison? Share your experiences!