“Do not stay here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Columbia - Harbison

You added Extended Stay America - Columbia - Harbison to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Columbia - Harbison
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1170 Kinley Road, Irmo, SC 29063 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Irmo
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This place is unclean. The hotel staff gave my assigned room to someone else & allowed them to sign their name to my paperwork. The bedding was old & uncomfortable. I'm hoping I didn't come home with bedbugs. My non-smoking room smelled of smoke with cigarette burns on the toilet seats. The Hyatt Place next door was 100x better!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011 via mobile

Great service, Brian was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and big.

• Stayed November 2011
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

The hotel was very clean with big rooms. Nice pool and laundry room. Near Lake Murray which is great with the walkway across the dam and parks. Nice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Cheektowaga, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel rooms are decently sized with a living, working, sleeping areas as well as a bathroom. The hotel staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We stayed only one night but would recommend to anyone staying or passing through, There is plenty of shopping nearby as well as food places. The hotel and room was very clean and in excellent condition. Overall did not have any issues with the hotel. Free parking and have to pay for internet but they gave us a complimentary pass. Even though did not use pool saw through the window and looked clean and in very good condition.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reston, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

I wish I had read all these reviews before booking this hotel. My husband, two kids and I were passing through and needed a hotel with at least two rooms. This was the only one I could find that was affordable. I would have rather had a one room with both kids screaming than stay in this place. The kitchen was dirty with crumbs on the toaster. There were dishes still in the dish washer. I refused to have us drink out of their glasses so I got a paper cup from the person at the front desk. The kitchen floor is coming up and the carpets have stains on them along with cigarette burns. The rooms smell of smoke and the couch has stains on it. We were so afraid of bed bugs that we had our suit cases elevated on the luggage stands. There were migrant construction workers loitering in the parking lot and the pool area. They were drinking, yelling and singing. Because of this, my husband didn't feel safe letting me go downstairs by myself to get something out of the car. We would have left immediately, but with two kids and it only being a one night stay, we decided to stick it out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
WIlton Ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am actually sad to write this review because, as other reviews state, the staff here is wonderful. They went out of their way to accomodate our early arrival. They were friendly and did everything in their power to ensure we were going to be comfortable but...there was no way I could stay here for one night much less our booked 10 night stay.

Let's face it, you get what you pay for. At <$40 a night what did I expect? If you can imagine a place being clean and dirty at the same time, this would be it. The refrigerator and stove were spotless and so was the bathroom. However, the wallpaper in the kitchen was smeared with some brown substance and there were stains EVERYWHERE. You couldn't sit on the couch without their being some sort of mysterious schmegma there, there were toenails under the cocktail table and the bed...I wouldn't get under those sheets if you paid me.
I was concerned for my safety since the windows opened fully on the first floor and the other clientele that was loitering in the lobby was cause for concern.
Again, the girl in the front was lovely and bent over backwards but I'm sorry I would never stay here or recommend anyone to stay here unless you absolutely can't spend more than $40 a night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Moultrie, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Here's what was wrong: no room service, several tries to flush toilet, could hear plumbing, dirty tub, no ice bucket, TV did not work, tub drained slowly, side security doors were not kept locked.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Columbia - Harbison? Share your experiences!