“sticky like all pancake houses” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #204 of 320 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
NYS
“sticky like all pancake houses”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The breakfast was good (I got a spinach & green onion omelet, two pancakes & OJ). The omelet was very large and I brought half home and warmed it the next morning for b'fast. My husband had one fried egg, hash browns, one sausage, one pancake, one strip of bacon & one piece of ham and said they were all good. We are used to real maple syrup so of course their syrup was not up to par but good anyway. The price was good but like I said it seemed 'sticky' in there (table top, chair backs, booths, ketchup bottle, syrup dispensers, etc...........

Visited January 2014

Panama City, Florida
“Nice Staff, Good Food. Good Location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We got here a little early, and beat the crowd (which really showed up as we were ready to leave later). The staff were polite and nice. The food was well prepared, and very tasty. They made adjustments for my wife's preferences to her food, and everything came out great.

The menu had changed since the last time I'd been at an iHOP, but I got one of my favorites: the Country Omelet. It was delicious, but too much for me to eat! The rest of the family enjoyed their food as well (eggs, hashbrowns, toast, etc). The only food related complaint would be that the hashbrowns were not cooked enough for us. Other than that, I felt stuffed and satisfied.

I would recommend this place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Centerville, Ohio
1,374 reviews 1,374 reviews
2,620 helpful votes 2,620 helpful votes
“a very special whole-wheat pancake with nuts that we just cannot find anywhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

What a difference a day makes!
Yesterday @ 10:30, the plane was being de-iced in Dayton, OH!

Today, Starbucks French Ground coffee on the deck with Sun, ocean, 64 degrees at Hilton Head Island with zero percent chance of rain and snow.

My wife suggests a pancake breakfast, and although there are several “nice” Hilton Head Pancake houses, we elect IHOP!

IHOP has a very special whole-wheat pancake with nuts that we just cannot find anywhere.

We depart Marriott’s SurfWatch, drive east three miles, and enjoy the service and the whole-wheat pancake with nuts. We have always enjoyed GREAT service at IHOP. I am amazed at the speed and attention of the servers. The servers earn 20% tip!

We are NOT fans of a pancake "dressed up" to serve as a dessert.

There shall be plenty of time for the great local restaurants of Hilton Head Island this week.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheraw, South Carolina
“Good food but poor service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Having had alot to do in the food industry....I rate service right up there with the food! It is very much a part of the dining experience! The breakfast we had was delicious, but we could tell our server was just doing her job and really did not want to be there. She would have gotten a much better tip if she would have been smiling, helpful, and just plain friendly!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Horrible go to Bluffton, SC IHOP”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Waitress was rude and food was cold and could never find her when we needed help, ie: silverware napkins etc. horrible experience, but love IHOP. Just Hilton head IHOP needs some serious help and training.

Visited October 2013