“HATED it-$30 for toast/coffee that wasn't refilled till we were leaving” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Palmetto Bay Sun Rise Cafe

Ranked #44 of 322 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Miami Beach, Florida
“HATED it-$30 for toast/coffee that wasn't refilled till we were leaving”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is the first bad review I have written. I actually HATED this place. To make it short:

• Hostess was rude-skipped over us many times, and didn’t want to sit us inside (asked us 3 x if we wanted to sit outside???)

• You literally sit on top of each other both inside and out-there is NO room between tables and chairs

• It’s so noisy and crazy inside you can’t hear yourself think

• We got “special” toast and coffee-our bill was $30 no joke for 2 slices of toast each!!! OUTRAGEOUS

• Our waitress took our order and never came back until the bill. I ate my meal with NO coffee. However, I watched as our waitress was VERY fast to scoop up her tip at nearby tables but not ONCE did she check on us.

• And it’s UGLY not even near the water. Save your $$$$$$$ and eat at the Boathouse, Smokehouse, Stacks anywhere BUT HERE!!!!!!!

Visited September 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Save your money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Went for breakfast on a weekday morning. Had to wait for 30 minutes. Seating is limited and really close together. The food is cooked beside the bar so lots of noise and chaos. Ordered the "special" which was french toast with cream cheese. Bill was outrageous. Would rather have eaten somewhere more peaceful and affordable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
High Point, North Carolina
“Very average place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Disappointed. Drove 15 minutes and paid a toll to get there. It was dated. I wanted to sit outside which led us to eating on plastic, wobbly tables. The atmosphere was not what I expected.
I did like the food and I loved the fact that you could bring your dogs to the restaurant.
Will not go back.

Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Banana Rum Pancakes..yes please!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at the Disney Hilton head Resort, and it was suggested by a local to try this place out for breakfast. Get there early because it gets crowded and the lines can be long. My wife had the french toast one day and the eggs Benedict the next day which she said would make Gordon Ramsey shut his mouth they were so good! I had the Banana Rum Pancakes. Let me be clear, I would walk from Florida to Hilton Head for these pancakes. They were awesome. Another thing I noticed about this place is that all the serving staff will take your order. That's smart, instead of giving one server a table everyone pulls together and if they see you needing something they immediately ask you if they can help. Rarely seen but appreciated! (food is cheap too)

I would make this a must stop on your next trip through. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vail, Colorado
“Friendly/Attentive Service & DEE-licious Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

After reading the great reviews on TripAdvisor, my mom and I decided to bike to the cafe for breakfast, and we were so glad that we did! The waitresses were extremely attentive and always kept our water glasses full, which we greatly appreciated! I had the quiche with fruit and a banana pancake, my mom had the shrimp hash, both were excellent! I would definitely return and bring the rest of the family. The pancake is one of the best I've ever had! This place is comfortable and no fuss, can't recommend enough, and a good value too boot! Definitely give it a shot!

• Visited August 2013