“Really Disappointed and Underwelmed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 290 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
“Really Disappointed and Underwelmed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I have to say first that breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. I dont consider myself a picky eater and I think its hard to really mess up breakfast. I had seen a few adds say this was the place for the best breakfast on HH and maybe i should have looked twice that it rates in the 30's on Tripadvisor. The staff was very nice and we were seated quickly. But i ordered the breakfast burrito and i have to say it was awful. The hash browns were good and coffee was fine. But the burrito had sausage, onions, bell peppers and eggs. The only thing i could taste was the peppers and grease. It didnt look greasy at all but yuck, i could feel it on my hands and face for a while after the breakfast. My husband just had eggs, bacon and toast. And let me say that he NEVER complains about food, he will eat anything. And after he even said it was pretty bad. Maybe we ordered the wrong things but I would not recommend this to anyone that has a great breakfast place in their hometown, you will be very disappointed :( Sorry for the bad review i really wanted to like it.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Colbert, Georgia
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

We went to this cafe on a Wednesday morning around 9 AM and walked right in. The quality of the food and the service were both exactly what I expected based on other reviews. I went wanting the Stuffed Blueberry French Toast, but was told it was a Friday Special so I had eggs scrambled with all sorts of good stuff. Sort of like an omelet, but just all scrambled together. The serving was large enough to split with my 4 year old and we were both full! I would highly recommend this place for breakfast and next trip I will try their lunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Charming...Big Portions...Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

This is the kind of place I think locals go...the service was friendly and the portions were so large that I wish I had ordered less!! Drinks were refilled instantly and the inside/outside option was nice. Go early or you might have a hard time finding a parking spot!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Lure, North Carolina
“best breakfast on the Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This little gem is tucked back by a Marina; but the food makes it worth the effort to find it. Breakfast is the best !!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“great spot for a nice morning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

A great place for breakfast- was very relaxed and casual. Everyone took care of each table, which was a little worrisome since you weren't really sure who had your order, drink refills, etc, but seemed to work for them. I was really pleased with the food and the service and was a really nice place to be- I don't know how they handle busy seasons. We were there on a quiet Friday morning, but it is a definite great spot for brunch. The menu is outstanding.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere