“Note: Diner only takes cash” 4 of 5 stars

(843) 842-9292
Improve this listing
Ranked #94 of 319 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
“Note: Diner only takes cash”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Don't get caught at check out with only a credit card.... Harold's only takes cash.

Harold's is one of our regular eating spots for either breakfast or lunch whenever we visit HHI. Since it is pretty busy and a fairly small eatery, we usually take it to go.

We have had success with all the breakfast foods, but have only tried the hamburgers for lunch. Usually they are very tastey. We just finished lunch this trip and the cook was a little heavy handed with the Season Salt. I couldn't finish mine. It wasn't our best meal there but it wasn't bad enough to dissuade us from giving them another chance during out next visit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Verbal abuse..!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

If you are into verbal abuse it's fun.. I didn't get it until I was about to leave.. :-)
The food is okay.. Nothing special.. But it's a fun experience to go there for a visit to see a true original diner in the US..

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kenmare, Ireland
“Unique diner on Hilton Head”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went to harolds twice. Once for breakfast and the other for lunch. On my first visit there, I got an omelet which was very good. When I went there for lunch, I got the steak sandwich which was nice but way too much cheese. The prices are reasonable but be aware that this diner only takes cash! The diner has a very upbeat atmosphere which is unlike anything I've ever experienced, which was good for me as I'm not from America. The employees have a sense of humor that is sarcastic and somewhat rude yet their funny. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Montclair, New Jersey
“An excellent burger with a side order of verbal abuse! All good fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Terrific burger and good fun with the banter. Note to the rookies (like us) get a menu from the rack when you first walk in and fill out one per person.

Visited June 2013
illinois
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by Harold's for breakfast today and wish we would have tried it sooner. Egg sandwich and biscuits and gravy both good and very reasonable The atmosphere and unique service was a home run with my teenage son. Must have a good sense of humor and go for the fun of it.

• Visited May 2013