“Left to get for "Self"” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #81 of 320 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pope Avenue
Description: A family tradition and neighborhood favorite since 1983. Truffles Cafe is proud to offer upscale dining in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Everything on our menu is prepared daily from the freshest ingredients utilizing farm to table freshness and locally sourced products whenever possible. Enjoy favorites like our center cut filet with homemade buttermilk mashed potatoes, fresh gouper with parmesan basil glaze, our award winning fall off the bone baby back ribs or our perfectly grilled tuna napa salad. We offer a full bar and wine list featuring over 60 bottles from around the world many by the glass. Outdoor seating is available on our beautiful fully covered terrace. Enjoy a glass of wine or cocktail by the fire and watch your favorite television event on our 100 inch outdoor HD television. We look forward to serving you, your family and friends soon!
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Left to get for "Self"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We had to reserve a table in advanced. We requested a 7pm reservation at the table near the window. However, when we arrived the table we reserved was taken by a group of individuals that just walked in. The lady that sat them at our table did not realize the table was reserved. Our Host was very upset that she had given our table away. We ended up sitting at a booth. Waitress was knowledgeable about the menu and offered to get our drinks. 15 minutes later, she comes back to the table and asks us where our drinks are. She apologized and said, "They were supposed to bring those out". She did the same thing with some sauce i ordered for my steak. Only this time i had to walk over to the kitchen area and request one. I thought it was going to be a great dining experience, I left feeling like, we tried to hard to get serve. "Even in sitting with reservations".

• Visited September 2013

Long Island, NY
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

After driving around my fiancé and I wound up here. It was great! Cozy atmosphere, fantastic food and a good price. Staff was so friendly. Go here!!!

• Visited September 2013
“Great place to try”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We have always considered going to truffles and since one of our favorite restaurants closed down we decided to give it a try. Food was really good. I would highly recommend the spinach salad. The goat cheese and pecans are delicious. The spicy tuna was delicious and my boyfriend had the mahi mahi which was also good. I would go back. Service was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Shaker Heights, Ohio
“Great Food, Cool Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Had been to Truffles at Sea Pines many years ago, and really enjoyed our experience. So, when we headed to the Pope Avenue location, we knew we'd have a good meal. And then it turned out we had a great meal! Wide selection of menu items, but not overwhelming. Something for everyone. The grilled tuna sandwich was perfection. The ribs were done just right. The cheeseburger was one of the best we'd had in a long time. It was an easy place to go with younger kids. And the service was good. It's a little dark in the restaurant, but the lighting give it a cool ambience. The outside patio was full of families and looked like fun. The bar are seemed like a good place to go for date night if you had a sitter for the kids!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Went for a late lunch on a Monday in August. Place had a nice atmosphere- it was quiet when we went due to the time, but had a comfortable feel.

Appetizer: Had the caramelized onion dip with home-made chips. Chips were great- nice and crisp- well seasoned. Dip was tasty, but would rather they chop the onions than slice them- it was hard to get the dip on the chip - you had to get a huge glob or use a knife to get it on there because the onions were long. Didn't stop us from slopping through it though. It was sweet/savory/creamy good.

Lunch: My wife had the truffle burger. I had the BBQ Bacon & Bleu burger (the patty is pork). My wife said she didn't like the burger because it was greasy, but that was only after she finished every bite LOL. Upon pressing a bit, she admitted it was very good said, "you know I don't like greasy things." I would call the burger juicy, but know it is a burger (they offer a black bean burger if you don't want to incur the calories).

My burger was delicious. It was a mess- the bun didn't quite hold it all, but that's FINE with me- the bun was the right size- I just had to work with it a little. I don't like when restaurants switch the bun out for some toothy bread- I love toothy bread, but not on a burger. Anyway, the combination of a mild bbq sauce, lots of bleu cheese and bacon on a pork burger was fantastic. AND, the burger was juicy- which is paramount to success. My brother used to say, "the messier the better" and this one was messier and better.

Service: Service was fairly attentive and efficient, especially given the time of day (we were one of maybe 2 tables occupied).

OH- one other thing- we both had the truffle mac & cheese. I'm guessing that they use truffle oil in it (no bits of truffle were evident). I liked it, although I would like to have had some more interesting cheese in it. It looks like Kraft Mac & Cheese, but has a pleasant flavor. My wife didn't like it. So, I guess it's a matter of taste.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere