“Love The Food and Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 322 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Description: Serving seafood, steaks, southern favorites and "pub fare with a creative flair" Serving ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAB LEGS AFTER 5:00 PM 6 NIGHTS A WEEK..... OPEN SUNDAYS MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND TO LABOR DAY WEENKEND
“Love The Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I love coming into this place!! It is just like cheers. The chili cheese dog is great. The Buffalo Fried shrimp are great. I get mine with the sauce on the side and dip the shrimp into the sauce and then into the blue cheese. But, that's just me. I will definitely be coming back.

faith r, Owner at Main Street Cafe & Pub, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you . We hear the cheers reference often. We work hard to try and make sure we learn everybody's name. The buffalo shrimp are yummy. They are one of our most popular appetizers. We even have customers that like to turn them into an entrée portion for dinner.
We will see you next time!

Thanks again

Columbus, Indiana, United States
“What a great surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Charlie and I just had the BEST summer salad ever -- at Main Street Cafe & Pub. The Grilled Hearts of Romaine with scallops and shrimp was delicious!! As a matter of fact, this is now our BEST favorite place on HHI :-) We've been coming to the island for 11 years and are always looking for that surprising "best place" to grab a super meal with wonderful atmosphere. Check it out. Wait staff CINDY was friendly, gave great suggestions, and had a charming smile!
We'll be back! Jayne and Charlie

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you. The romaine salad is awesome. The Thai chili and Balsamic vinaigrette is a great blend of flavors. Cyndi is a great server and being able to enjoy a day on the patio even makes it better. We look forward to seeing you again

Hilton Head Island, SC
“Unbelievably Delicious All-You-Can-Eat Crab Legs, Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband had a childhood friend in town visiting from Virginia - he said all he had thought about eating while he was here was oysters and crab legs. We did the oysters ourselves, but got stuck trying to find a place that served GOOD all you can eat crab legs. All the places we used to go were gone.

My husband checked around and came up with the Main Street Cafe. As suggested, we made reservations - it was a Wednesday night and we had no problem getting one. Although we've lived on the island for a long time, we had never eaten here.

When we arrived, we were taken to a very nice table that was at the windows so we could look out as we dined. The waitress arrived promptly to take drink orders. I wish I could remember the name of the server (Donna or Dana??), as she was excellent. All 3 of us ordered the all-you-can-eat crab legs for $29.95. The setup was great: A couple big metal buckets stacked and ready for the shells, a roll of paper towels, crab crackers and forks, etc. The first plate arrived and the clusters of crab legs were big and absolutely delicious. (My mouth is watering as I type this thinking about them). I don't think I have ever tasted crab claws that were so sweet. There were 3 clusters on the first plate, which arrived with butter, but the meat was so good that I didn't even use the butter.

We were on a mission, and ate many, many plates of crab legs. The refills came with 2 clusters to a plate. Despite all the refills we ate, the waitress was amazing - she was there at the right time to refill drinks and ask if we wanted another plate of crab legs, and they would arrive quickly. Before we were done she brought moist towelettes for us so clean the juice off of our hands, and then talked us into a piece of Key Lime Pie, which was delicious as well. The supporting staff was also on the ball changing out the shell buckets when they got full and delivering plates of crab legs.

The atmosphere is very comfortable in the dining room. The pub is separated by a partial wall, and looked large and inviting. I'd like to go back sometime to check out the bar.

We were VERY impressed by both the meal and the service, and I can't wait to go back. I can't believe we missed out on this place for so long!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you . So glad you found us! Your servers name was Donna and she is a valued part of time. Thanks for recognizing her service as well as the rest of our team working together.

We look forward to seeing you when you come back and check out our bar. WE have a great happy hour.

Thanks again
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Excellent food! Great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

My Friends and I go here all the time. The food is great!. The staff is super!. They go out of their way to make you visit totally enjoyable. My grandson goes with us often and declares they have the best wings ever.. In fact he is called "the wing man" by the staff.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
We miss the Wing man where has he been lately? See you soon. Thank you so much for writing a review

Thanks
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Karla was great. Service and food were excellent. Loved the crab balls and the broiled seafood platter.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you ! Crab balls and Broiled Seafood platter are great choices. The broiled seafood platter is a great way to get a little bit of everything.
We will see you next time.