“Bonus--they take reservations!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie Bones Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 290 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Merchant St
Description: Frankie Bones Restaurant and Lounge "Steaks, Chops, Seafood, and Wiseguys" Step through the revolving door and into a swanky restaurant with all the style of the Rat Pack era. Big booths, soft lighting and snappy service will take you back to the 50's and 60's big city lounges of Chicago, Las Vegas and New York. The huge Italian – American menu has something for everyone! Hand cut steaks, chicken and veal dishes, fresh seafood, pastas, flatbread pizzas, and housemade desserts! Serving lunch and dinner daily, and our fabulous Brunch every Sunday!
Aurora, Illinois, United States
“Bonus--they take reservations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Unlike some of the other restaurants on the island, Frankie Bones takes reservations. We ate at Frankie Bones on our last night in town and we had a wonderful meal. Two of us ordered the tilefish special and it was absolute perfection. I also enjoyed the heirloom tomato salad (a special) for a small upgrade fee to the house salad included with our meals. My mom's steak was cooked perfectly and she was thrilled. Even the kids meals were delicious and huge. In addition, our server was friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hilton Head, South Carolina
“slow service, good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went on Thursday night, not able to make reservations so took chance and went to bar area, usually sit around bar bc bartenders get you your food and drinks fast but had to sit on high tops this time, got stuck with new server very slow and a bit clueless about menu, food good as usual but this time took way too long and slow service, bread not offered until food runner brought our mussels and saw no bread on table not sure why he doesn't become server, always very polite and fast, restaurant bit slower than usual, mgr good going around and talking to pp but saw him early on and didnt want to complain at table. This must have been the training section this time, sat there before but this time was first bad experience in 5 yrs...

Visited July 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Decent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Frankly I was expecting more given the reviews. I felt like our server was in a hurry to see us leave rather than ensuring that we had a spectacular evening, which I would have expected for the prices. The upsell to optional salads was also overpriced. The food tasted good, but overall I expected better.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leola, Pennsylvania
“good food, a little slow on service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very busy place...we had a reservation that I made online. Given a pager on arrival and waited about 10 minutes to be seated. Large and busy restaurant. Totally different atmosphere of Wise Guys, the sister restaurant next door which was more intimate. We enjoyed our meals but the service was a little slow. Appetitzer of cheesy garlic bread came out quickly so the kids had something to munch on. Overall a good meal

Visited July 2013
York, Pennsylvania
“Just an average restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family picked this restaurant due to the great reviews on Tripadvisor. We had made reservations and were seated right away. The restaurant was very noisy and dark which made it difficult to have a nice relaxing meal. Our server was okay but not very personable. The service was a little slow which I wouldn't normally mind but since it was so loud, I was just getting annoyed. My son ordered the kid's pizza. It came out on a very thin tortilla with too much cheese and completely fell apart. I was just expecting a "real" pizza for a restaurant of this caliber. My husband and I both ordered seafood dishes and they were very good. Overall, I would say this is just an average restaurant. There was nothing that stuck out to me as spectacular.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
frankieboneshhi, General Manager at Frankie Bones Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Sorry to hear a customer couldn't be convinced to move her purse for you,
We even provide hooks under the bar for our female guest's convenience as many don't like to hang them on their chair back out of fear of theft...Or perhaps she was holding the chair for a companion...Either way, I do hope you will try us again in the future!
We take and highly recommend reservations as we are a small, but popular dining spot.
Please ask for a manager if you have any concerns. We are here to help! :)