“A really good time! Excellent food, perfect service, and cool atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Frankie Bones Restaurant and Lounge

Frankie Bones Restaurant and Lounge
1301 Main St, Hilton Head, SC 29926
843-682-4455
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Frankie Bones Restaurant and Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 320 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Merchant St
Description: Frankie Bones Restaurant and Lounge "Steaks, Chops, Seafood, and Wiseguys" Step through the revolving door and into a swanky restaurant with all the style of the Rat Pack era. Big booths, soft lighting and snappy service will take you back to the 50's and 60's big city lounges of Chicago, Las Vegas and New York. The huge Italian – American menu has something for everyone! Hand cut steaks, chicken and veal dishes, fresh seafood, pastas, flatbread pizzas, and housemade desserts! Serving lunch and dinner daily, and our fabulous Brunch every Sunday!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A really good time! Excellent food, perfect service, and cool atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

I highly recommend reservations. The first night we went, the wait was an hour, so we went to Main Street Cafe and Pub in the same shopping center (Main Street Village). It was excellent, but we still wanted to try Frankie Bones. We called and made reservations for the next night and are really glad we did.

The atmosphere is really cool- kind of a rat pack vibe. Neon logo on the wall, leather booths with the FB logo on them, cool music and decor. We ordered the bacon-wrapped shrimp appetizer with a horseradish/ brown sugar/ mustard dipping sauce and it was amazing. I tried the signature chicken noodle soup but was too impressed by the shrimp to be blown away. The noodles were quite fresh though- made in house.

The service was literally perfect. The waiter knew the food, was personable, came around enough but not too frequently so you felt like you couldn't have a conversation. We heard people raving about the desserts, but we were too full to attempt any.

We'll definitely go back on our next trip to HHI!

• Visited July 2011

Hilton Head Island
“Lobster Mac & Cheese = Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

I'm not normally a Lobster person, but this dish blew me away. Rich, creamy perfection that was big on Lobster, big on cheese, and just big in general. I'm a bit embarrassed to report I ate the entire thing. Funny because when they set it down in front of me, the first thing I said was "Wow, I'm going to need a to-go box!" ...I didn't.

• Visited June 2011
Lumberton, North Carolina
“A GREAT EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My husband and I visited Frankie Bones in Hilton Head for the second time. Our first visit was in 2009. This visit exceeded my memory of it although I remembered loving it the first time. We had a late lunch--early dinner of appetizers: calamari, seafood stuffed mushrooms, and twice baked potato spring rolls. "Superb" is the word that comes to mind. It would be hard for me to choose my favorite of the three. Of course, the restaurant is so charming and relaxing. Our server, Keith, was one of the best we have encountered at any restaurant. His easy but informed and courteous manner just added so much to our experience. It's nice to dine out when those taking care of you are unassuming but diligent. i would recommend Frankie Bones to anyone visiting the Hilton Head area. The prices are great for the quantity and quality of the dining experience. A must eat there restaurant!

• Visited June 2011
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Best Italian Restaurant in South Carolina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

If you are traveling to Hilton Head, this is the one stop that I would definitely make. They say that a good marinara is the key to any Italian Restaurant and Frankie Bones has one of the best that I have ever had. Add to your meal, the amazing warm bread with the best spiced butter and you trip is complete. In addition, try a crowd favorites such as the Mac & Cheese or Meatball Sub. For dessert you can create a campfire at your table with the yummy smores. One quick tip - go for lunch and do the parlay as it is an excellent way to save money.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

My wife and I decided to try this place out on our last night on HHI. We are very happy we did. The Caprise salad was incredible, the wedge salad was very good. The main dishes, the 16oz coffee rubbed ribeye was heaven on a plate. The meat balls are the best I have ever had and the Creme Brulee was not only good but large. We will now go here every time multiple times when we go to HHI. Ant to top it off our waitress was the best, ask you server for their suggestions, it worked very well for us.

• Visited May 2011