“Unit 340- perfect weekend getaway!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Villas Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hilton Head
Seaside Villas Resort
23 South Forest Beach Rd, Hilton Head, SC 29928   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unit 340- perfect weekend getaway!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

We chose these little efficiency condos due to price and location. They did not disappoint. We rented through vrbo and the owners were awesome. Our unit was quiet and very clean. Nice view from the balcony, even though we were set further back in the complex. I would say that "resort" is a bit much- it's a small condo with a small pool- not much else, but grounds are well kept, pool is super clean, and the beach is beautiful. The location is great- just close enough to Coligny, but just far enough away. Unit was great, had all we needed for 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 5,9).

• Stayed August 2012

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in # 278, Vrbo # 222114 in July. The owner, Kendall, was very easy to work with and very prompt in all responses. The condo was very clean and had some nice touches you don't always see with condo rentals. Bikes, beach chairs and an unbrella were all included for our use. The condo looked exactly like the website pictures so no surprises! It was perfect for a couple. The beach is close and so beautiful. Also, this complex is very close to Coligny Plaza.We enjoyed the condo and the location, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pendleton, Sc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We rented 243 at the last minute as the owner had a cancellation. The unit was clean and well appointed. There had been some renovation in the unit and it showed (a very nice outcome). The unit required that we bring our own linens and clean it before we left. We didn't have a problem with this as there was no cleaning fee. The pool area was clean, however as some have posted it can be shady. This was actually good for me because I'm fair skinned. If you want sun take the short walk down to the beach. The beach area was nice and the hoses and showers were excellent for cleaning your gear after a day on the beach. The unit had wifi, provided by the owners, and it worked flawlessly. As others have said this is an older complex and you need to make sure you're getting a renovated unit. This is a fantastic location near the Coligney Circle area and simply cannot be beat for the price.

Room Tip: Make sure you get good photos of the villa you are renting before you go!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

When we walked in my wife almost threw up. The carpets were stained, the place smelled wet, there was HAIR everywhere, even in the beds, the pool never gets sun. We ended up leaving the next morning and stayed at a resort or $500 more that had a pool, restaurants, friendly staff, a bar, beach access, etc. do yourself a favor, forget the private villas, stay at one of the resorts for $1200 per week with all the amenities.

• Stayed August 2012
Concord, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

First I want to say that the reservation process prior to the trip was very easy. Barb and John were very accomodating and extremely understanding. I originally had to cancel our reservation, and then called them back and said I was going to go with our original plans. They were wonderful to work with. Additionally, the details that they provided were all very good. Arriving on the island, the rental agents were surprisingly nice as well and the process was relatively quick to get the keys and get to the condo. Although I realized that they really didn't provide us with details on departure, i.e, what were there expectations, where do we drop keys, etc. so had to stop in later in the week to find those details out.

As for the condominium itself...the unit was very clean and very well decorated. Some thought went into the design and consideration of space for this condominium. The description of the unit was what they described - 440 square feet. I would compare it to a hotel size room. We had three people in this condominium, and really, it wasn't too bad. The view is on the corner so you have a partial view of the ocean. Convenience to the beach is really easy and great for proximity. However, please note we did not spend a lot of time here hanging out or cooking. There were a couple of items that should be mentioned: If you plan to cook it's going to be a little difficult. The oven is very small and little counterspace to prepare food. Nothing wrong with either, just be prepared. Also, the water (this is not the owner's fault) is pretty bad so you might want to consider bringing some distilled water and bagged ice. A couple of things that made me score this as "average" - 1. The bed and pull-out bed were extremely hard and uncomfortable. The pull-out bed was so uncomfortable, my nephew wound up sleeping on the couch for a week. I would have done that too if there was another couch. Also, despite mentioning to the agency that we would have a 3rd person, there weren't any sheets for the pull out bed, or the pillows. We made do. The air conditioning unit could have worked a bit better for HHI in July. The one thing I was really dissapointed in was the balcony. I was very much looking forward to sitting out there in the evening and enjoy the weather, but the air conditioner puts out so much heat on the balcony, it was not useable.

At the end of the day, all I really require is a clean, place to lay my head down at night and essentially, that is what we had.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bucyrus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed in villa 266 and we loved it! Great view from the balcony and a very short walk to beach. Just a short walk on the beach to Coligny Plaza. Condo was clean and nicely decorated. The property, hallways, stairways, and laundry rooms were all very clean. The staff at Vacation Time of Hilton Head was very easy to work with. We will definitely rent this condo based on view of ocean, overall cleanliness, and afford ability.

Room Tip: I personally wouldn't rent anything on Hilton Head that had me looking at a parking lot! Too man...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Staying at Seaside Villas in a one bedroom studio. We have a side view of the ocean over the dunes. It's difficult to find a direct ocean view that is affordable on Hilton Head, but we have been pleasantly surprised with this unit. It is the perfect size for 2 people. There is a nice pool, and the beach is just down a short walkway over the dunes. The building seems to be clean and well maintained. The only thing I would like to see added is in-unit washers and dryers. There are very limited laundry facilities here. The location is great; the beach is not too crowded, and far enough away from the public beach access at Coligny.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Seaside Villas Resort? Share your experiences!